Home

Players that if you could reach through the TV and strangle them..you would!

This is a discussion on Players that if you could reach through the TV and strangle them..you would! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Players that if you could reach through the TV and strangle them..you would!

Ever had a player on an opposing team that just burned you every time you played them?

During my Tulane dynasty on NCAA 09(PS2), my record was 5-0, including a last second victory over ranked LSU. My next game was against 0-5 SMU on the road. I figured this as an easy victory so I kind of let my guard down. I can't remember his name, but their running back(6'2 250lbs) was getting like 8 ypc. I tried everything to stop this guy but was unsuccessful. I hit him in the backfield a few times and he just threw my guys off like they were rag dolls. He finished the game with 200+ yards rushing and 5 TD's. I never once knocked him on his behind. He would get hit and always fall forward.

Same game, LB Pete Fleps was a nightmare for my QB. He blitzed almost every single play. He had 4 sacks, a few forced fumbles and numerous tackles. I was getting rushed out of the pocket every single play. Towards the end of the 4th, SMU was leading by 3. I had the ball with just under a minute to play, all 3 time outs. I was in field goal range and trying to run some of the clock out. On 3rd down, I tried to get cute and attempted a pass. Can you guess who picked it off? Pete effin Fleps! He returned it all the way to about the 20 yard line before I tackled him. They did 3 straight running plays, and it ended up being 4th and inches and I called all 3 of my timeouts. They kicked a field goal with about 12 seconds left. I get the ball back. Throw a long pass down the sideline and my receiver catches it and goes out of bounds. 5 seconds left at the 48 yd line. I go back to pass again and here comes Fleps out of nowhere and gets the sack to end the game.

If I ever see Pete Fleps in real life, I'm slapping him in the face!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Players that if you could reach through the TV and strangle them..you would!

haha yes I've witnessed some great CPU players. Some that have played individually better than Humans...but I've never had such an epic match up play out like yours has that I can recall. You just gave me hope to continue to look forward to one!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Banned

raquelraul12's Arena

Re: Players that if you could reach through the TV and strangle them..you would!

tulane would never beat lsu
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelraul12
tulane would never beat lsu
Ppl said the same thing about ND and Navy. It could happen. On any given saturday.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Appalachian St.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

I played Ohio State & their rush end killed me. At least 4 sacks - I think 5 - several forced fumbles, other disruptions. I have a scrambling QB this season & even rolling right couldn't get away from this douchebag. I think he's a real dude, probably a freshman this season.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Never been beaten by him because he sucks as a player - but if I could reach through the TV and literally slap the piss out of one player it would be Adam James and his whiny-*** dad.

I'd probably use a baseball bat too... An ALUMINUM bat!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

LSU had this running back in my dynasty that would ruin my life every so often when we played. Dude had to have 110 speed or something and psychic abilities. Always knew how to squeeze a td in the smallest of windows. I hated that guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »