Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'd guess no.

A Few Reason.

1- Only a few of them were ever in the old gen (HBCU and Ivies)
2- They need to make stadiums
3- Outside of OS, most people don't care (An oddly high amount of people don't even know what the FCS is)

I'd like them in, so I can use Lehigh, but TB is there.
Off topic, but are you familiar with Lehigh? Do you know of Chris Lum?
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAAF/NCAAB: Michigan Wolveines
Old 03-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan952
Off topic, but are you familiar with Lehigh? Do you know of Chris Lum?
Yeah. I'm hoping he gets a shot at the NFL, but he's not getting much interest for a player who (If I remember correctly) led the FCS in passing yards.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
Here is what i don't understand, when the "disc space" argument comes up

NCAA Basketball 2010 (from Wikipedia)
The game includes 325 of the 347 schools in NCAA Division I. Eight Programs that are fully classified as D-I were left out as well as 13 transitional programs.[6] Division II Chaminade is playable in the included Maui Invitational Tournament.

Okay, so they can pull that off for Basketball.

If you take the total of FCS: 122 and FBS: 120 that gives you a total of 242 schools. That is 83 schools less than what they put in NCAA Basketball 2010.

Also in NCAA Basketball 2010 they were able to be coaches of those FCS programs. So, the argument of disc space is a weak one from EA Sports, just doesn't hold water with me. If a crapp basketball game can have it, why can't one of their flagship games not?
120 Teambuilder DLC on PS3/360 takes care of 120/122 FCS teams IMO. However, if that the case, we should be able to add them instead of swapping in dynasty. Sooner or later, there might be one college division in football (let see EA can handle that scheduling).

Last edited by Custon 89; 03-24-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Yeah. I'm hoping he gets a shot at the NFL, but he's not getting much interest for a player who (If I remember correctly) led the FCS in passing yards.
Huh, small world. He graduated from my high school a few years back. I've been following his numbers and games since he's gotten there. It doesn't look likely for the NFL but anything can happen. Out of curiosity, why are you a Lehigh fan?
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAAF/NCAAB: Michigan Wolveines
Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

well obviously the roster size is the biggest problem plus they would not generate new players or be able to recruit just like on old gen when the players were there every year. plus the amount of time to update the D2 rosters. they only did that every few years if I remember right.

but neither is the biggest the reason. The royalties to the schools and conferences would hammer them. They already pay out hundereds of thousands to D1 schools. (FSU- $247,000 alone a few years ago) I would guess this might be a next gen option when they can prepare for correct roster sizes and D2 schedules. plus the game will probably cost more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

My biggest beef with the fictional FCS schools is the injuries. If you look at a weekly schedule in Dynasty Mode, especially in the first few weeks, some of the fictional FCS schools will play numerous games in a week. For example; FCS East will play Louisville, South Carolina, Duke, Northwestern, Syracuse, etc. So the QB for FCS East sustains an injury in the first game that you select to play or sim and susequently, he is injured for all of the other games that they will play in the SAME WEEK! So as players from a FCS team are injured, they continue to lose players for the rest of the weeks games on their schedule. I remember playing against a FCS team that had a WR playing QB because all of their QB's were injured, IN WEEK ONE of my dynasty!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
Rookie

ryan's Arena

OVR: 1

we had legit FCS stadiums in PS 1....more teams but generic stadiums in PS2 and NOTHING in PS3...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
we had legit FCS stadiums in PS 1....more teams but generic stadiums in PS2 and NOTHING in PS3...
Not only that, but the game play also sucks compared to some of the ps2 games.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »