Home

3 More NCAA Football 13 Blogs with Audio Samples and Motion Blur Video Included

This is a discussion on 3 More NCAA Football 13 Blogs with Audio Samples and Motion Blur Video Included within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
3 More NCAA Football 13 Blogs with Audio Samples and Motion Blur Video Included

Quote:
In the past, our team would watch hours upon hours of games that Nessler and Herbstreit called on television, writing lines of scripted commentary that were meant to be in the voice of our talent. We’ve realized that no matter how much tape you watch we were never going to be able to predict how Nessler, and specifically Herbstreit as an analyst, will react and call a situation as it unfolds on the field. Scripting for the two takes away their ability to put events into their own words and provide personal inflections—a key component to capturing a true broadcast sound.

It is because of this that NCAA Football 13 will mark the first year that we’ve moved away from attempting to write scripts for our talent. The process now involves working in the studio with the talent to paint a picture of the game situation and allow them tell the story in their own words. We want both Brad and Kirk to feel like they are in a booth on a Saturday night, and even pump in crowd noise and fight songs into their headphones to get them into the moment.

Quote:
The last surprise for lighting and rendering that I have for you is motion blur. This is a feature that we’ve wanted to develop for several cycles, and now we’ve finally been able to include it for you. The addition of motion blur has helped the representation of the animation feel more natural, in addition to the new animations and hard work the team has put into game play. As our players or cameras move through space rapidly, you’ll notice the edge of the player softens as well as the surrounding textures.

Quote:
The same technology used by the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR team to scan Augusta National for the inclusion of The Masters in that game series is also being used in NCAA Football 13 this year to capture the intricate details of some of the brand-new stadiums for FBS play this coming fall; in particular, the new home fields for Florida Atlantic University and North Texas have both been scanned into this year’s game as incredibly faithful virtual reproductions of the real thing. The level of detail for these new stadiums is jaw-dropping, and I can imagine people using FAU and North Texas just to get a highly-accurate digital preview of the new venues before the season starts.
Check out some of the audio snippets below.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 3 More NCAA Football 13 Blogs with Audio Samples and Motion Blur Video Included

Game is a buy for me, always get it at midnight, but I definitely see this topping 2012...Just wish they would release all info quick (know it can't happen but still don't hurt to wish) and july 10 needs to hurry.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it just me, or do the faces in that Iowa picture look an awful lot like PES?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 3 More NCAA Football 13 Blogs with Audio Samples and Motion Blur Video Included

I'll wait until the game play video and see what the devs have addressed, then make a decision on whether to try it out or not.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30
I think the audio clips sound pretty good. Wanna see how all the sounds come together and if they are more natural. I wanted to hear about crowds building emotion as a player is, say, running back a long, TD kickoff return...
Progressive lighting, finally??? YES. The blur effect is a nice touch but that vid just reminded me of the robotic running and movement I wish could be long gone as well as lack of real velocity, momentum and collision. I expect to see this improved by their second iteration on next gen.

Anyway, overall, I'm on the 'eh' side of things, thus far, but I'm eager for the rest of these "playbooks".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17
Not even remotely interested until I see some if some of the gameplay issues have been addressed. This is like them pimping the "3d grass" and custom entrances last year....I'm not going to pay much attention to the fluff...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

After last year's abomination, a pure, unmitigated disaster of Biblical proportions, I will wait for multiple credible reviews and feedback before deciding.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 04-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

We need to start a petition right now to not let Ben do any games with FSU or Oklahoma in the upcoming gameplay blog..........

Ive seen/heard him talk about Chief Osceola and Boomer Sooner enough to last me a lifetime.....much more and my heads going to explode

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »