Home

anyone else get an attachment to generated players?

This is a discussion on anyone else get an attachment to generated players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
anyone else get an attachment to generated players?

Every year with me, while I'm recruiting, I get attached to certain players. This happens with all games. Ill want this player so bad, I don't even wanna play the games anymore, just get past the week so I can get to the recruiting screen. I always have a few guys that stick to memory like Cody Davis, a qb in NCAA 10 who brought SMU to the promised land again. Or Robin Dotson from Madden 11 who became the greatest FS ever without ever passing 50ovr. This year it was QB Pierre Storm who brought the Albany Great Danes to be a powerhouse in the east. Anyone else got certain players and stories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: anyone else get an attachment to generated players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenKing94
Every year with me, while I'm recruiting, I get attached to certain players. This happens with all games. Ill want this player so bad, I don't even wanna play the games anymore, just get past the week so I can get to the recruiting screen. I always have a few guys that stick to memory like Cody Davis, a qb in NCAA 10 who brought SMU to the promised land again. Or Robin Dotson from Madden 11 who became the greatest FS ever without ever passing 50ovr. This year it was QB Pierre Storm who brought the Albany Great Danes to be a powerhouse in the east. Anyone else got certain players and stories?
Tyler Hansen...became the greatest running QB ever to play at Eastern Michigan (not that hard lol.) Ran for over 3500 yards in his 4 year career with about 20 TD runs a year in my flexbone scheme. Plus his 2000 yards/season passing was nice too. And John Chase, a 6'6'' WR I recruited...at the end of his career he had 96 speed and 97 accel, add that to his height and he was the most dominant receiver I've ever played with in an NCAA game.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Dave Leak - 6'7, 250 lb WR. 2 Star guy who wound up leading the nation in TD receptions...from my flexbone/pistol attack.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

QB Lamar Garcia for my FAU dynasty. I recruited him as a 2-star QB and he turned into a 90 overall and had a couple of productive years as a solid rushing QB.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

In NCAA 12, I had this one RB who literally carried me to the BCS championship. He was a stud, and I was going to be loyal to the kid and draft him in Madden 12 NO MATTER THE COST. Then, I got Madden 12, and I realized that draft class was borked. He was lost forever, and I didn't play Madden for a week because of it. I was so disheartened that I had lost that kid forever. He made my school into a legit program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Back during the days where I would keep records of my statistics and schedule results in notebooks (i stopped around 2009) there was this one kid I recruited that I fell in love with.

I'd literally be sitting in class at my university, and thinking about his storyline. I made an elaborate rags to riches storyline about him being an inner city kid that just needed a chance to turn his life around. I recruited hard for him and landed him.

He ended up shattering all kinds of receiving records.

Left after his junior season, but boy did I enjoy doing my mock writeups and stories about him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »