Home

EA is among the most hated in the country

This is a discussion on EA is among the most hated in the country within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: EA is among the most hated in the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
How much money a company makes and how many people hate that company don't always go hand in hand. See Walmart for example.

On a personal note, it's topped my list for several years now and is the only company I refuse to purchase anything from brand new.
I hear more and more people doing this.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
EAs stock has taken a dive while the market has been way up. Just saying.....
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm no fan of the EA brand in general. Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 are disappointing sequels, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 04-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The results are from a voluntary poll on the internet. The people who find a poll like this to begin with already have a bone to pick with whomever they are voting against. Gamers are also known to be a vocal contingent.

I feel like the situation surrounding Mass Effect 3 has far more to do with this than anything related to EA Sports, and that this poll is by no means representative of anything whatsoever.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The results are from a voluntary poll on the internet. The people who find a poll like this to begin with already have a bone to pick with whomever they are voting against. Gamers are also known to be a vocal contingent.

I feel like the situation surrounding Mass Effect 3 has far more to do with this than anything related to EA Sports, and that this poll is by no means representative of anything whatsoever.
In the market place, retail industry, restaurant industry, and also the gaming industry it is a well known fact that the consumers that are vocal are the ones with complaints. They are almost always far outweighed by the ones happy with the product.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Found this while browsing another board.

Quote:
Created a throwaway for this as I'd like to remain entirely anonymous. I'll even go as far as changing my normal way of typing in an attempt to protect myself.

I am a moderator on one of EA's games. This is something I'm doing voluntarily and I'd like to give some input on all this.

I fully agree that EA deserved the Golden Poo award and their response to it is utterly arrogant (no one is surprised though, right?). Everything about EA is arrogance. They make decent games and have a few really good ones. But right now, they're living on their previously good reputation which however is being mudded down at the speed of light.

For the game I moderate, the community is in chaos. The EA staff refuse to listen to the community. They refuse to listen to the moderators. The developers barely play the game themselves and still believe that everything they make or do is perfect, since they made it, even though the moderators like myself, who have been playing the game for years, strongly urge them not to. The whole community is rioting which EA doesn't seem to give a **** about.

Should also add, in this fine rage, that their customer support is beyond terrible.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Dead Space = AWESOMENESS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Is anyone truly surprised by this? This is one common trend across the internet, people hate EA. It is for sure nothing that is coming out of left field.

With that said, they do produce many fine games. It is their lack of listening to the fans that get them so much hate. When all of youtube and huge sport sites such as this beg and plead every year to make your game more realistic and you go against that grain. You will get backlash, expect it. Now step up to the plate and make a football game to rival The Show in realism and you might win some people back...........I'm just saying!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »