Home

Is playing with the DE cheese?

This is a discussion on Is playing with the DE cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2003, 12:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Is playing with the DE cheese?

Hello--

I was informed tonight by a user on another forum that using the DE in NCAA 2004 is 'cheese' because the tackles don't block properly. However, I think to be cheese you have to be doing something out of ordinary or beyond the play's design.

It only came up because I sacked the qb 58 times with a freshman LE from Missouri out of the cover 2 zone formation, line spread, 99% of the time, for an entire season. I'd just hit the speed burst and go sack him (all-american, 5:00 quarters). I was informed that this was cheating--what's everyone else's opinion on this? Maybe nobody else is aware of this--I didn't even know it was really a bug until today (I just thought I was good at rushing). Thanks

Taylor34
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2003, 01:00 AM   #2
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is playing with the DE cheese?

Quite a few people use a "house rule" of not using speed button if controling a D.E. because its way to easy to sack the QB. So, to answer your question, Yes it is. Though I'm sure others may have a different opinion, but that's mine.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

I say its fine as long as you don't move him too far outside. For example, never move him further than he could go my doing a shift.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:04 AM   #4
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i used the DE for quite a while. now i use the MLB and move him to the outside of the LE or RE depending on where the TE is or what side the FB/HB is on of the QB. i have about 17 sacks through 9 games. when i used the RDE playing with Wisconsin i got like 51 sacks.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Why would it be cheating? There are defensive ends in real life. Why shouldn't you get a sack?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2003, 12:18 AM   #6
MVP

Jayhawk's Arena

OVR: 13

It wouldn't be cheating but since you do the same thing over and over so IMO yes.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

My friend and I each play defensive end for the Buckeyes. Two months ago i learned the speed cheat, and quickly went away from it. However now my friend is obsessed with it. Through seven games he has 21 sacks, and i can't convince him to not do the speed cheat. It always tires me because, even using the speed cheat before i didn't get that many sacks, mainly because i play on heisman. It is just so disheartening when i have played DE for months and he plays DE for less than a week and makes me look really bad.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I find this thread funny

I saw this guy ask the same question on another Ncaa message board

Hes just looking for someone to back him up and say what hes doing isnt cheating the Cpu Ai LMFAO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »