Home

NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds

We recently had a chance to interview NCAA Football 13 Designer Christian McLeod and Producer Ben Haumiller.

All questions were submitted, but not all of them could be answered at this time, due to coverage in the coming weeks. This interview only focuses on the sights and sounds of NCAA Football 13.

Quote:
Will we hear crowds reacting correctly in given situations, for example on 3rd downs, crucial plays, TD's, interceptions, fumbles, big hits, etc.?

Yes. The crowd content and system is an area where you will hear some great improvements. Based on the recordings that were done and the new crowd mix implemented by our Audio Director, Aaron Janzen, you will be hearing the crowd swells react appropriately throughout the game.

What about playing in large stadiums, compared to smaller ones? Adding on to that question, will we hear much of a difference between full stadiums vs. stadiums with smaller crowds?

Yes, you will notice a difference between these stadiums. We made an effort to record assets at small, medium, and large stadiums throughout last season. We even attended a high school game to ensure our crowds sound as authentic as possible depending on where you play.

Will crowds vary as far as regular season games, rivalry games, bowl games, and neutral site games? Speaking of neutral site games, will the crowd react to both teams, instead of recognizing the "home" team exclusively?

Yes, the crowd behavior is driven contextually, and the type of game being played is part of that. We have the ability to drive different crowd reactions based on home / neutral / away.

Read More - NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds

I bet within the first 10 comments on this interview, we get a post from a pissed off ECU fan!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

No starting lineups or coaching records?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
No starting lineups or coaching records?
Man, this is so overdue. And they've had the ESPN package for a while now. Disappointing to say the least.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Always more of "This didn't make it in this year" than anything. If the gameplay looks and feels the same, then what the hell were they doing that they could only add these 6 things. Spending time on Heisman mode that....well....no one ever asked for. I guess we will have to wait to make further judgement.

Hail West Virginia
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

So will all this be working after patch 1 or patch 2?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

I really think it sounds like they are turning the corner in the audio department. They are not going to fix everything from 12 to 13 but i love that they are showing an effort and that they are listening.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm getting tired of "...didn't make it in this year, hopefully next year" comments as well. Unlike many folks here I do think EA improves the product each year, however like many others here I feel they need to do about 3 times more each year than what they actually do.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »