Home

What do you think the new passing system is going to be?

This is a discussion on What do you think the new passing system is going to be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What do you think the new passing system is going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowa16
You can already do everything that your suggesting as far as directions are concerned. On a different note I'm pretty sure qb's can already throw on the run so I'm not sure how that is a new feature. I only use balanced or scrambling qb's and I roll out all the time; I hardly ever set up to throw unless I'm going deep.
Not in relation to the receiver. What Madden currently has is similar to "maximum passing" from NFL2k, that allows the User to lead the pass in various directions. What I am referring to is a directional placement of the pass in relation to the intended receivers body.

Think of the center of the left stick being center mass of the intended receiver's body and each of the 8 directions the left stick can be moved to, represents aiming for a spot on or around their body.

So unlike currently, where if I move the left stick all the way to the right the pass travels as far as 10-25 yards away from the intended receiver, it would be aimed just outside right, of the intended receiver's body.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

looking at OP question of what this passing system will be i cant help but think why some of these EA innovations never have names that are or similar to actual football talk...

i have never heard of a trajectory zone.. and why 25?

how about actually having all QB's understand that a guy thats 6'5 should get a jump ball opportunity

looking at the clip again i see a pass over a LB but low again to where the DB knocks it down..

i will be paying close attention, to see if they mention that WR's dont jump. passes need to be higher overall forget trajectories IMO....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

So are these two things going to be the only gameplay additions?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
So are these two things going to be the only gameplay additions?
I hope not.
Hopefully they didnt use most of their resources on the new Heisman mode.
I am hopeing if Break Tackle animations are improved, at least make juke more usuable.
Alot of aspects in gameplay need to fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »