Home

Just a bit confused about BCS rules

This is a discussion on Just a bit confused about BCS rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

miztigers118's Arena

OVR: 0
Just a bit confused about BCS rules

So when I was playing my Mizzou dynasty and it was week 9. I was #1 playing #2 nebraska. I lost the game, so i fell to #4 and Nebraska was the new #1. In conference champs week, the #1 huskers took on #10 Indiana. Indiana won 34-31 getting a bcs bid. After that, i was at #3, and Nebraska was #4. Nebraska, however, did not play in the bcs. I know that only 2 teams from a conf. can go to the bcs, in this case it was Indiana and Mizzou. But isnt there also a rule saying the top 4 automatically get a bcs bid? Does one rule override the other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Just a bit confused about BCS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigers118
So when I was playing my Mizzou dynasty and it was week 9. I was #1 playing #2 nebraska. I lost the game, so i fell to #4 and Nebraska was the new #1. In conference champs week, the #1 huskers took on #10 Indiana. Indiana won 34-31 getting a bcs bid. After that, i was at #3, and Nebraska was #4. Nebraska, however, did not play in the bcs. I know that only 2 teams from a conf. can go to the bcs, in this case it was Indiana and Mizzou. But isnt there also a rule saying the top 4 automatically get a bcs bid? Does one rule override the other?
Yes. The 2 team limit overrides the top 4 rule. I believe they have made a tweak to that rule recently though.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

miztigers118's Arena

Thanks for the clarification. It just doesnt really seem fair that a team like Nebraska who is ranked #4 has to settle for the capital one bowl.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigers118
Thanks for the clarification. It just doesnt really seem fair that a team like Nebraska who is ranked #4 has to settle for the capital one bowl.
But you are in bizzaro world with Indiana getting a BCS bid, lol. So it seems about right.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

miztigers118's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
But you are in bizzaro world with Indiana getting a BCS bid, lol. So it seems about right.
yea lol indiana actually played in 2 national titles, I (mizzou) beat them both times. The latest national title was Rice beating North Carolina, and Utah State won the Rose Bowl to finish #2 in the country. Crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Did you put Mizzou in the Big 10? Otherwise, your story doesn't make sense.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Did you put Mizzou in the Big 10? Otherwise, your story doesn't make sense.
Sounds that way. I guess he hasn't gotten on board the SEC train with the rest of us yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

I am confused how you beat Indiana in the NT game twice in the same conference.

Anyway, it is a 2 team limit. The only way around it is for the conference champion to be ranked #3 or lower, and #1 and #2 be from the same conference.

I saw it a few times in 2011. Once with Wisconsin/tOSU/Michigan and twice with Boise State/TCU/Missouri (MWC dynasty, back when it looked like the Big XII was going to fail).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »