Home

NCAA 13 Gameplay Blog

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Gameplay Blog within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
NCAA 13 Gameplay Blog

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog...ll-13-gameplay
http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog...unity-gameplay
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/167/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay Blog

they doubled the team and that's all they improve?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Ready for May 7th. Thats the 2nd most important day next to this one for the waiting process. I don't play RTG that much nor do I really have much concern about the Heisman challenge. But the Dynasty upgrades is going to be a huge hype for me
Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
"Quarterback pocket movement is another important element to having a successful passing game. To help improve the feel of moving around in the pocket we have slowed down how fast the QB can move while in the controlled pocket state. This will allow users to move within the confines of the pocket in a more deliberate manner to keep the QB in a balanced state and ready to pass at any moment."
I liked this nugget here...
Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

might be better for the Mods to merge this thread with the other thread and post the links to the video on the 1st page otherwise we're basically going to have 2 of the same thread going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

"In NCAA Football 13, if you attempt a pass while your QB is moving past a specific speed, he will trigger an on-the-move pass animation, which can trigger both in and out of the pocket. Now, if you are moving and still want to throw a standing set pass, you can simply let go of the L-Stick and wait a split second and the QB will set up to throw. Watch out though, because with these new throw on the run animations there is definitely some risk to trying to throw certain types of passes. For example, if you are scrambling out to the left with a right handed QB and attempt to pass all the way back across the field to the right, it’s going to be very difficult to complete. Those are the types of passes where you always hear the announcers saying “you should never throw late across your body into the middle of the field.” It’s a risk/reward when throwing on the run, but if you attempt the correct types of passes in these situations (i.e. throwing to the right flat when scrambling to the right with a right handed QB) you will have a much higher success rate when completing passes."

Possibly the two most important words for representing real life football and if the risk/reward elements added continue to be based on real football, not video game football, the future is bright for EA simulation football games.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Where is the risk/reward in this game when u can jump and bump all over the field and no penalties. This is total casual gamer fooball...Shame on EA for this garbage.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Where is the risk/reward in this game when u can jump and bump all over the field and no penalties. This is total casual gamer fooball...Shame on EA for this garbage.
I get what you are saying and totally agree to the extent of what is already there. However, I refuse to base my opinion on what is being corrected this year by what hasn't. If the blog was talking about fixing the risk/reward of the penalty system and it wasn't based on real life football, I would be right there with you but it's about the risk/reward of throwing back across the body. That's something I have been complaining about in EA football games forever, along with deeeeep dropbacks.

I don't expect any team of developers, even if EA brought in people from BackBreaker, NFL2k, GameDay and Tecmo Bowl, to undo all the casual gamer football programmed in next-gen Madden over the years, in one, two or even possible three cycles. If you agree like I do that next-gen Madden has been "tore up from the floor up" then I would think you would also agree the only way to fix it RIGHT, is to overhaul certain sections as they go along.

Maybe they couldn't get to penalties this year because passing and other stuff was so screwed it took up most the resources this cycle. I am cool with that as long as what they did fix/add adds realism, works reasonably correct for a first year addition and is something the hardcore community actually asked for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »