Home

What do you guys want to see on May 7th?

This is a discussion on What do you guys want to see on May 7th? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #49
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What do you guys want to see on May 7th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokoc5
One of the things I've wanted the past couple years was a recruit editor. Sure, you can keep the create-a-recruit option, but what about if we make 25 recruits? Like NBA 2k12, I would love to have the option of editing recruits that are already generated. For hardcore dynasty users, I feel like this would help make recruiting a more interesting process, or at least help it take a small step in the right direction.
I agree with you, except I think it would be a HUGE step, for a few reasons.

1. You would be able to create a true to life ESPN 150.

It would take awhile, but a user would be able to pull up the real life 150, and do edits to the generated 150, so that it looks exactly like the real thing. I wish you could even edit the teams they are looking at (pre-season).

2. Enhancing states and pipeline realism

While the generated classes usually do put the best talent in Texas, Florida, and California, it's not as realistic as it should be. In NCAA 12, there might be 20 or so prospects that are 3-stars or better. In real life, Florida produces 100 3-star players.

The game generates too many 5 and 4 star players that are from Idaho or Colorado or New York. With an editor, I could look over the top prospects and assign them to states that are more realistic, and in turn boost the chances of the state schools signing them.

There should be a template for creating a recruiting class. You can pick how many 5 star players generate, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc. You can choose if the class is weak or strong, or whatever. And of course, have the ability to save the class and share it online.

I honestly don't get where there isn't a stronger outcry for shareable and fully editable recruiting classes. Part of what is making my NBA 2k Association so fun is playing with the fictional draft classes that people have made. Being able to downlowad recruiting classes from OS users who put time and care into creating them would go a long way in injecting life into the dynasty experience.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #50
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

you are not just talking to the kid. hes got parents, guardians, grandparents, friends, sidblings, teachers and coaches all involved. the kid is always there. he doesnt care about education but grandma wants to here it. the teachers want to here it. grandma doesnt care about x's and o's but the high school coach does. and i find that the players unless on offense could care less about x's and o's. they care about their coordinator and the postion coach. being a good sales man is changing the kids mind about something that he doesnt care about. being a good salesman is making him care about what he did not. you spend alot of time talking about things he might not care about but someone does. thats what I tried to say in my previous post. you have to use imagination. pretend the parents are in room. try to sway the pitches, which is very realistic. If you the recruiting coordinator at Northwestern, you gonna pound the kid about education and what he will be able to do after football. the kid could care less but you need him to understand the importance, as well as everyone in his corner. if you just try to sale what he wants, you end being calipari. Saban is really the only one with this approach in college football.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Year long position change. Last year they made it where you could change everything but positions (ratings as well if you are the commish). I'm not sure why they would leave this as teams change position of players all the time. It would free up a week in the off-season and speed it up.

Cut players/transfers in pre-season. It would also free 2 weeks if they put cut players and transfers in the pre-season instead of their own week in the off-season. Let's face it. The off season is dreaded by everyone. 5 weeks of recruiting, 1 week of transfers, 1 week of cut players, 1 week of position change. 8 times you have to get up to 12 people to be ready to advance during this period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #52
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

85 man rosters are by far the biggest need for Dynasty.
Chelsea FC
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #53
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Want to see more dynasty improvements (Custom conferences, etc) and maybe some better presentation for every school stadium. For Example, Nevada doesn't run on the field from a huge brick tunnel. Also showing the rivalry trophies more when you win games.
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers

Last edited by Freakydeaky9; 04-18-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #54
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
you are not just talking to the kid. hes got parents, guardians, grandparents, friends, sidblings, teachers and coaches all involved. the kid is always there. he doesnt care about education but grandma wants to here it. the teachers want to here it. grandma doesnt care about x's and o's but the high school coach does. and i find that the players unless on offense could care less about x's and o's. they care about their coordinator and the postion coach. being a good sales man is changing the kids mind about something that he doesnt care about. being a good salesman is making him care about what he did not. you spend alot of time talking about things he might not care about but someone does. thats what I tried to say in my previous post. you have to use imagination. pretend the parents are in room. try to sway the pitches, which is very realistic. If you the recruiting coordinator at Northwestern, you gonna pound the kid about education and what he will be able to do after football. the kid could care less but you need him to understand the importance, as well as everyone in his corner. if you just try to sale what he wants, you end being calipari. Saban is really the only one with this approach in college football.
If a kid is being recruited by Middle Tennessee State, he probably knows that the coach isn't very prestigious and that there's no chance for contending for a National Title. So why would he even bring it up? I doubt dad is sitting there insulting the coach by bringing up his lowly prestige 3 times in an hour after the coach changed the subject the first time.

If they want this "roulette wheel" of pitches to remain, then they need to tweak it for each school and for each pitch, or add more pitches into the mix. No kid who is being recruited by North Texas is going to ask about contending for a National Title because, quite frankly, it isn't going to happen at that school and any kid being recruited by that school knows that. Why not add a "Contend for Conference Title" pitch? Or maybe a "Contend for a Bowl Berth" pitch. Sure the power schools will all have an A+ in both of these, but for those smaller, and even middle of the road schools like Kansas, that could be a great pitch to use to try and sway some better recruits. Showing them that you're on the rise or whatnot. Heck, even add in a "NCAA Power Ranking Last 5-Seasons" pitch. That'd show the recruits if you're on the rise or not.

They could even have a set of 20 pitches and each school has their own set of 10, similar to the races in Civilization. That'd make recruiting a little different and more unique for each school, which in turn would make the Coaching Carousel a little more exciting for people.

Also, Saban and Calipari are both pretty good recruiters. I don't see why I wouldn't want to use their techniques to get guys.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #55
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Spectator mode in Online Dynasty

User vs User games in Coach Mode

Neutral Site games

Medical Red Shirts

85 man rosters

College Gameday

Stat Overlays from other dynasty games during games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #56
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

85 man rosters and Spring game

Better recruiting screen lay out... Really emphasize it and make it less painful to call every player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »