Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.
LOL, yeah, that's it.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #34
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, its a find-it-early title!! The hunt begins soon...
Since when has this not been the case with you though? Good, bad or ugly (and the game has mostly been bad and ugly) you always "hunt" for NCAA Football early, so you can't state that as if the quality or upgrades in the game has anything to do with it, because clearly it doesn't.

On another note, Kotaku sounds just as skeptical about NCAA 13 as I am, and they have actually played the game (or a "build" of it at least). That doesn't exactly make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 04-18-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
its a football video game it looks to have tweaked sometings but all in all it seems to be ok just cant wait for dynasty stuff. the on the field stuff is just cosmetics. Does anyone on here remember pro action football? or joe montana football how about ncaa 99 ? i mean graphically thats what i grew up with so to havea game where theres trajectory or where players heads turn or you can see the quaterback look from side to side down across the field is great for me. Its a video game all it is people dont expect gold for 60 dollars and 7 months worth of devolpment. That being said may 7th here we come .......got my fingers crossed hopefully they fix the import bug!
2k managed to do it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #36
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Between the lack of reading comprehension, the always-negative comments of the OS community and the romanticizing of old versions of NCAA, EA can never win here. I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.

Does the game have flaws? Yes, of course. Every single game does. Does EA frustrate me with their messed-up patches? Yes they do. But this is a great game that plays mostly realistically, and at the end of the day, is fun as hell.

I, for one, recognize and appreciate the improvements NCAA has made every year. NCAA 12 was great, and I'm 100% certain 13 will be even better and more realistic.
The outcomes may be realistic but the game doesnt look realistic and i think alot of ppl fans of ea have come to accept..the ugly stiff animayions the arcadish style movement..thats my.biggest issue.the players dont behave in a realistic manner..that may deal more eith the looks of the game
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Between the lack of reading comprehension, the always-negative comments of the OS community and the romanticizing of old versions of NCAA, EA can never win here. I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.

Does the game have flaws? Yes, of course. Every single game does. Does EA frustrate me with their messed-up patches? Yes they do. But this is a great game that plays mostly realistically, and at the end of the day, is fun as hell.

I, for one, recognize and appreciate the improvements NCAA has made every year. NCAA 12 was great, and I'm 100% certain 13 will be even better and more realistic.
I normally don't comment to post like this, but this has become the trend the past couple of year's around this time.

The very same thing you note in your 1st paragraph, you turn and do yourself.

There's really no need to attack other member's or the Community in whole, whether you agree or diagree with them.

Just don't get why some feel they need to go here.

This is the stuff that I wish would receive "Insta-Ban's".

Just makes the site seem poorly structured/controlled!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

anything about duplicate numbers yet?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #39
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I normally don't comment to post like this, but this has become the trend the past couple of year's around this time.

The very same thing you note in your 1st paragraph, you turn and do yourself.

There's really no need to attack other member's or the Community in whole, whether you agree or diagree with them.

Just don't get why some feel they need to go here.

This is the stuff that I wish would receive "Insta-Ban's".

Just makes the site seem poorly structured/controlled!!!
Legit criticism is an excellent component of letting developer's know what they need to do to improve their games. Saying things like "SAME OLD EA NOT DELIVERING ON PROMISES" and just complaining isn't constructive; it's asinine. If you don't do that, then I wasn't talking to you, but all you have to do is open ANY thread and you'll immediately see people complaining about nonexistant issues and miniscule details. Also, I'd love to know how I did the same thing I just criticized a large part of the community for doing.

The game plays as well as any football game ever created, that is undisputed. NFL 2K was good but its' gameplay is beyond romanticized as to how good it is/was, and people holding onto that game as the standard-bearer for football games are just wrong. NFL 2K's litany of customization options is something I wish would make their way into EA games, but that's really about it.

NCAA is an outstanding game with a couple of flaws, and each year it gets better and better. I give the team that creates NCAA a lot of credit for listening to their consumers. Not everything can be fixed in one year, and that's where the unrealistic expectations come into play which turns into what amounts to petty whining.

If you don't want to buy the game, don't, but don't come onto a message board dealing with the game to tell us you won't. It adds nothing. Don't come onto a thread posting complaints about features that none of us have truly seen or, more importantly, played. That's the kind of stuff that should be "insta-banned".
Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Legit criticism is an excellent component of letting developer's know what they need to do to improve their games. Saying things like "SAME OLD EA NOT DELIVERING ON PROMISES" and just complaining isn't constructive; it's asinine. If you don't do that, then I wasn't talking to you, but all you have to do is open ANY thread and you'll immediately see people complaining about nonexistant issues and miniscule details. Also, I'd love to know how I did the same thing I just criticized a large part of the community for doing.

The game plays as well as any football game ever created, that is undisputed. NFL 2K was good but its' gameplay is beyond romanticized as to how good it is/was, and people holding onto that game as the standard-bearer for football games are just wrong. NFL 2K's litany of customization options is something I wish would make their way into EA games, but that's really about it.

NCAA is an outstanding game with a couple of flaws, and each year it gets better and better. I give the team that creates NCAA a lot of credit for listening to their consumers. Not everything can be fixed in one year, and that's where the unrealistic expectations come into play which turns into what amounts to petty whining.

If you don't want to buy the game, don't, but don't come onto a message board dealing with the game to tell us you won't. It adds nothing. Don't come onto a thread posting complaints about features that none of us have truly seen or, more importantly, played. That's the kind of stuff that should be "insta-banned".
NCAA is an outstanding game I agree ,did they need to improve gameplay ofcourse they did and if this title is what they say then it will be the best football sim game on the market, right now, imo ncaa 11 is the best.
But i do agree alot of people come on here and bash ea before the game is even out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »