Home

OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

I think they should retail the game at $30 this year out of good will.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I approach everything at this point with major skepticism regarding EA titles. While the addition of the animations is nice, I was a little let down to see the same CB swat animation thats been in the game for awhile.
To go along with the tired over the catch animation from the receiver on an under-thrown ball. Disappointing that receivers still don't appear to make a play on the ball.

We never hear anyone complain about receiving animations, so put a little focus on the lines and go from there.

Maybe they chose to do receiving animations because it's more attractive to the casual fan on box covers and sizzle trailers.

To most OS users, hearing 400 new OL/DL interaction animations would prolly blow our minds.

To most casual fans, hearing 400 new OL/Dl interaction animations might cause a yawn.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

While you guys are wasting time saying too little, too late...I am saying, finally!! i can't wait to get my hands on this game. I've never lived my life being a negative nancy, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Instead of harping about that should have been in the game 3 years ago, why not appreciate the fact that it will be in the new game? I just don't understand the line of thinking for some of you guys. It's a video game guys...find ways to enjoy it for what it is worth. We will NEVER have a perfect football game...if you want real football, go outside and play.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
To go along with the tired over the catch animation from the receiver on an under-thrown ball. Disappointing that receivers still don't appear to make a play on the ball.

We never hear anyone complain about receiving animations, so put a little focus on the lines and go from there.

Maybe they chose to do receiving animations because it's more attractive to the casual fan on box covers and sizzle trailers.

To most OS users, hearing 400 new OL/DL interaction animations would prolly blow our minds.

To most casual fans, hearing 400 new OL/Dl interaction animations might cause a yawn.
It wasn't just the DB swat animations but the same weird tackling animations, they may have added new animations but from what I saw the majority of them still look awkward for lack of a better word.

I was just disappointed to see additional animations as a showcased feature and then see some of the weirder ones still in the game.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I find it very interesting that this board by in large has taken on a cautious sentiment. Last year, the hype train was full heading into release. After the debacle that was '12, a lot of people are not forgetting that and aren't jumping immediately on the train again this year. I think it's a smart thing to do.

Don't get me wrong; as many have stated, the changes are great and welcomed with open arms. But it's 2012 and we're getting correct dropbacks from the quarterback? You wonder how that's not in to begin with. I personally don't plan to buy it simply to make a point. But too, I don't see any real good reason to buy it yet. Maybe I will. I really do hope I can get swayed with the dynasty news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The whole thing with me is HOW OFTEN will this new stuff play out.

I mean they added 100s of new catch animations last year.......None of them played out unless you USER CATCHED, even then I only seen 3 or 4 different ones in NCAA 12.

Bull Rush Animation ? Never seen the CPU do it.......

100s of new tackles added last year ? Where ? I seen the same 5 tackle animations over and over.

Same thing with locomotion........Didn't see defenders slow down when they changed directions. Didn't see the difference between a 99 acceleration player from a 0 acceleration player.

So until they make it where these actually play out more often, with more variety, I have hard time believing they have 100s of various animations when I been playing the game to death and only see 5 different ones.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #23
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I WANT it to be good and see all enhancements actually do what they say they will. But I'm just going to take a wait and see approach this year. No more buying into the hype for me.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #24
Rookie

Orangemann's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
While you guys are wasting time saying too little, too late...I am saying, finally!! i can't wait to get my hands on this game. I've never lived my life being a negative nancy, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Instead of harping about that should have been in the game 3 years ago, why not appreciate the fact that it will be in the new game? I just don't understand the line of thinking for some of you guys. It's a video game guys...find ways to enjoy it for what it is worth. We will NEVER have a perfect football game...if you want real football, go outside and play.
Exactly this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »