Home

OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
OL/DL interaction will now be the focus for what needs improvement next. I have a feeling this CAN'T be fixed on this generation of console.

The next console I have a feeling will be able to remedy almost every complaint people have about these games. I get the idea that this system is pretty much tapped out. They are adding in everything possible this year because after this year the brand new consoles will be out.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #50
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

I'm extremely happy that we have new pass trajectories and better WR/DB interactions. The new animations are always welcomed (hopefully actually utilized compared to the ones that introduced in '12). Everything they added is time well spent I guess.

But, for them to say enhancements and things is sort of what's frustrating to me. EA sort of gives us these things that they absolutely should do and are necessary for a better football and it comes off more like a gift to us when its something they should just do. While they're little improvements they aren't groundbreaking and unprecedented programming.

Its baby steps and I've been alright with them and have sworn it'll get us to the game we want. Its just the last few years there hasn't been anything other than coaching carousel that has gotten me out of my seat. Honestly that fell short of expectations for me even.

I love the game and will keep buying, they're still improvements.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with some of this, but if EA was putting in extra stuff, fancy things, as in recent years, you'd hear backlash, too. So, with your point, they are darned if they do and darned if they don't.

I agree, this stuff should have been done yesteryear, but there isn't anything we can do to change that.

Even with games like COD, our son was son so disappointed with the changes in the last one, he said, don't get that series again. The 2k hoops forums here were just as loud or louder with 2k 12 issues. And every year, I pop in the MLB Show forums and people are complaining about the incremental upgrades for the last few years.

If these features work as advertised, this could be a good step in the right direction with NCAA, finally, but we will see.

No one was as frustrated as me with NCAA last year. The lack of communication with all the bugs was terrible and lackadaisical.
Road, my friend you are excellent at walking that line right down the center LOL......We don't agree on everything but we both have similar view points on almost everything. You just walk that grey area better than me

One thing we can both agree on, last year was a utter disaster with the bugs and lack of communication. Granted we did try and improve it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #52
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
Like who is going to make a NCAA football game 2k could have made one years ago and didn't...
Wrong. The license is exclusive. How do you not know this?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #53
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This has been my sentiment all along. It just wasn't enough for me to say YES I'm going to go out and purchase NCAA. Knowing that Madden will be similar in many respects I just cannot purchase two games with the same frustrations. Also, I will agree with Boilerbuzz here, while it is great they will have 25 trajectories, this is still part of the problem with their football games. All of those trajectories will be "fixed" in a sense. Like he said, unless there is a ball physics engine in the game, it only feeds into the problem and I am not convinced that they cannot add a ball physics engine to the game. It all comes down to decisions and how those things will impact the game later on.

I want these games to be great and I'm willing to give them a shot through Season Pass. But the habit of buying them just because must stop. That said, I'm not going to fault their effort.
I will say this: if the trajectories improve significantly (regardless of the under-pinnings), I'll give it a shot. By far my biggest issue with EA football was ball trajectories and how they f'ed up ball placement in the passing game.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslaughterin9
my friend,
I would rather watch real football than playing this series for another year. We can make them change. The only reason they haven't is because we still buy the game. No risk no reward, bigger the risk the bigger the reward.
Its to big of a market for another company not to give it a try. You gotta have faith, we are the sole reason EA football is still around.
GOD BLESS
if you think the people on this site is the reason EA makes this and Madden you have fell of your rocker...college students, kid sitting at home,older gamers are this site do hold that kind of force

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
if you think the people on this site is the reason EA makes this and Madden you have fell of your rocker...college students, kid sitting at home,older gamers are this site do hold that kind of force

Not what I dictated. what i said and meant, is people on this site share the same thoughts on ncaa/madden that has faulted the growth of the game and genre. We need to stop thinking about buying this game blindly, and start paying for quality. The first step is boycotting and demanding better quality before we open are wallets.
god bless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wrong. The license is exclusive. How do you not know this?
this Gen what about last Gen 2k2 college football was there last college ball and then they stop ...so they didn't make one last Gen when it was cheaper what changed? Its more expensive now they can't make a hockey or baseball game to save there lives boxing crap......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »