Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Butt Naked
Is new something that has already been there, then changed? Or is new something that has not been there, then introduced?
My whole point was, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think my definition of new is or what anyone else's definition of new is.

Wendy's has a Chicken Club sandwich on their menu. They recently came out marketing a New Spicy Guacamole Chicken Club sandwich. The only thing new is the pepper jack cheese. Wendy's uses all the other ingredients in-house. So, is it really new or just an improvement to their Chicken Club sandwich?

To me, it's a slight improvement, but I don't care how or why they market new. It just doesn't bother me one way or the other. If someone wants to call it a new sammy, so, be it.

As far as NCAA goes, I'm calling it new because there were only 2 trajectories before and now there are 23 new trajectories. I don't care if someone else wants to call it an improvement on top of something that was already in the game before.

To each their own.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #50
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

guess who didn't read the whole dialogue?
I like how you pasted my quote about not reading the dialogue last to make it appear like I said that after his remarks about NBA 2k. That said, I did not realize he said that, thats why I asked him again. So he did give me 2 examples. Have we gotten anywhere concerning my distinction on the definition of NEW.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My whole point was, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think my definition of new is or what anyone else's definition of new is.

Wendy's has a Chicken Club sandwich on their menu. They recently came out marketing a New Spicy Guacamole Chicken Club sandwich. The only thing new is the pepper jack cheese. Wendy's uses all the other ingredients in-house. So, is it really new or just an improvement to their Chicken Club sandwich?

To me, it's a slight improvement, but I don't care how or why they market new. It just doesn't bother me one way or the other. If someone wants to call it a new sammy, so, be it.

As far as NCAA goes, I'm calling it new because there were only 2 trajectories before and now there are 23 new trajectories. I don't care if someone else wants to call it an improvement on top of something that was already in the game before.

To each their own.
If you say that adding pepper jack cheese is "a slight improvement" and this is because they had an existing sandwich that was the same thing, only without the pepper jack cheese. Then why, in a seemingly same situation would you say that adding 23 trajectories would be something new instead of just an improvement. It doesn't bother me they market the game that way because I'm aware of it, but it does concern me because I think others will be convinced that this is totally new, when these things were already supposed to be there in previous games.

Last edited by General Butt Naked; 04-19-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

To each their own.
(referring to bold text) Again, this brings us back to my original question is something new if it was already there and is changed or is something new if it wasn't there and then it is introduced. It seems to me that the answer is evident, it being the latter. (Referring to italic text) If you don't care then there is no reason to disagree with my definition of NEW.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #53
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
If you say that adding pepper jack cheese is "a slight improvement" and this is because they had an existing sandwich that was the same thing, only without the pepper jack cheese. Then why, in a seemingly same situation would you say that adding 23 trajectories would be something new instead of just an improvement. It doesn't bother me they market the game that way because I'm aware of it, but it does concern me because I think others will think be convinced that this is totally new when these things were already supposed to be there in previous games.
Because like the pepper jack cheese, 23 trajectories are new, they weren't in there before but cheese nor passing trajectory is new to the chicken sandwich or NCAA.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
If you say that adding pepper jack cheese is "a slight improvement" and this is because they had an existing sandwich that was the same thing, only without the pepper jack cheese. Then why, in a seemingly same situation would you say that adding 23 trajectories would be something new instead of just an improvement. It doesn't bother me they market the game that way because I'm aware of it, but it does concern me because I think others will think be convinced that this is totally new when these things were already supposed to be there in previous games.
Actually, I could go either way on the whole thing.

Actually, I really don't think EA is marketing the trajectories as new, so, I'm not sure how this all started or where it's all going.

They are marketing it as re-doing, taken from their blog.

The first change we made was to re-do our pass trajectories.

So, EA and you agree, they are re-doing the trajectories, not making them new.

And for all it's intents and purposes, I agree with Big, too.

And if doesn't bother you how EA market's the game, you should be fine with my definition as well.

Good, glad that is resolved.

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog...ll-13-gameplay

Last edited by roadman; 04-19-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Because like the pepper jack cheese, 23 trajectories are new, they weren't in there before but cheese nor passing trajectory is new to the chicken sandwich or NCAA.

My 2 cents.
Correction: there are 21 NEW pass trajectories. This is because they were NOT there before but have now have been introduced. This still encompasses my original definition. However, NEW pass trajectories are not NEW to the NCAA Football franchise. This is because they were there before, and now have been improved/increased. Thus, fitting into my definition of improvement. Any questions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 29

This is why I love OS you just cant make this stuff up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »