Home

Why include a manual over ride for one of the best features in years? NCAA 13 Icons

This is a discussion on Why include a manual over ride for one of the best features in years? NCAA 13 Icons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Why include a manual over ride for one of the best features in years? NCAA 13 Ico

jfsolo I know they said it's suppose to work like that, but I'm just going off their track record here
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why include a manual over ride for one of the best features in years? NCAA 13 Ico

Yeah, we know that implementation is always a coin toss.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25
If you throw to a receiver who doesn't have his icon lit, say a quick hitch or slant out... The ball will probably bounce off hit head or body, or it will go right past him. User catch isn't going to be that much of a difference on that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I agree OP and I am an avid online player. I already have been asking the same question in other threads. I don't understand why people keep associating having a realistic effect on User actions, with taking away User control.

In that case, the penalty for throwing back across the QB's body shouldn't apply when User controlled. They added that realistic risk/reward effect, I don't see how a CTH ratings penalty for attempting to User catch unexpected passes is any different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The impression I get from the new catching animations is that if doing a "snap and instant throw", User controlling to make the catch will playout realistic with the receiver actually looking back when the "catch" button is pressed, not the ball going through their back or whatever to make the play. However, my issue is even with a receiver getting their head around at the last minute like that, they should have a harder time bringing in the catch, ie a CTH ratings hit, imo.

The same way QB's accuracy and throwing power is being penalized in the game for throwing across their body, I think catching should be penalized when User controlling a receiver not expecting the pass.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree OP and I am an avid online player. I already have been asking the same question in other threads. I don't understand why people keep associating having a realistic effect on User actions, with taking away User control.

In that case, the penalty for throwing back across the QB's body shouldn't apply when User controlled. They added that realistic risk/reward effect, I don't see how a CTH ratings penalty for attempting to User catch unexpected passes is any different.
Exactly what I mean. They finally took the steps to add a realistic aspect of the game and then they went and gave you a way to completely circumvent that aspect. To the people who are saying different strokes for different folks and that I don't have to user catch, I understand what you are saying. However, I also think that there should at least be an option where if both users agree, you cannot circumvent this aspect of the game. That way, if I don't want to play people who can throw a quick screen like pass to someone who realistically isn't even going to be looking for the ball for 10 yards, I don't have to; and if you want to play with people who throw at a blind receiver and have him magically catch a ball he has no idea is even in the air, you can.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I prefer user control, only because I don't trust that it be implemented correctly. If the game was based on ratings and high awareness WR's would adjust to coverages or blitzes and would be looking for the ball sooner than they should, then it's fine. But the likelihood of that happening is small.

WR routes are just so slow and boxy that more often than not, you have to cut the route off in order to make a play on the ball. I user catch every pass I throw, every single one. I got tired of WR's running poorly designed routes (the plays themselves are flawed horribly) and I got tired of certain passes just hitting WR's in the helmet without them even trying.

Hopefully these things are fixed in this version of the game and I won't feel compelled to user catch every thing.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I will never question a company for giving people more ways to play a game. More options are good, in my opinion.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

What about WR & QB's who rely on timing?

Some receivers can run a sideline out, and know that when they turn aroudn, the ball will be on the way there.

I think if you have to wait for the receiver to "look" for the ball before the icon comes up, it's already too late. Either ur gonna get sacked or the DB will have too much time to react.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »