Home

NCAA 13 duplicate #'s

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 duplicate #'s within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA 13 duplicate #'s

What are the chances they actually give users control on editing in duplicate numbers? This has bothered me for so long. Just make it to where you can't have duplicates on one side of the ball. Why has this not been done, and will it get done for '13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 13 duplicate #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersbears
What are the chances they actually give users control on editing in duplicate numbers? This has bothered me for so long. Just make it to where you can't have duplicates on one side of the ball. Why has this not been done, and will it get done for '13?
I doubt it will be in. With only what - 75 players - they probably don't see the need. I also wish they would allow us to give a guy the number 00. NFL2K5 had that and I loved that little aspect of the game.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersbears
dont count on it
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Wish they would fix it as well. It sucks when two starters share a number. You can only create one guy, so you can fix one at least. They need to make an offensive and defensive number. Especially nowadays with all this kids wanting single digits or 19 and lower.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
Wish they would fix it as well. It sucks when two starters share a number. You can only create one guy, so you can fix one at least. They need to make an offensive and defensive number. Especially nowadays with all this kids wanting single digits or 19 and lower.
This. I understand that roster editors can make changes to the default rosters and you can get duplicates that way, but that only works until those players are gone. Then what? Everyone in the NCAA decided to not wear duplicate numbers anymore...?
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam_db
This. I understand that roster editors can make changes to the default rosters and you can get duplicates that way, but that only works until those players are gone. Then what? Everyone in the NCAA decided to not wear duplicate numbers anymore...?
and many players change numbers before the season.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

this has always been the biggest complaint I've had about the series. It's not hard to do and it wouldn't cause the game any problems. I mean we can do it Teambuilder so why not in game? The reason Ben gave last year was pure BS as well. I go to school at USC and there are many duplicate numbers on the football team. FIX THIS EA!!

Edit - Or at least edit team builder so you can pick entrances etc. I would make my changes for SC in team builder if I didn't lose the USC entrance and all that.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

To me this would seem like such an easy fix, and one easy step EA could make to give us the impression they are trying to address our issues. It's the details that matter to most of us who are serious about NCAA, and are serious college football fans. It's not bad to the average guy who doesn't watch alot of ball, but it bothers the heck out of me! Make an "O" and "D" beside the numbers in the menu.

The only reason I can think of is they don't want players with the same number on Special teams(NCAA RULE States no two players can wear the same number while on the field together). So don't allow us to sub in guys with duplicates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »