Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #57
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Well ryno, if that is the case and u are going too these community days and interacting with the dev team. Then why are fundamentals still missing like for 7 years now double- team pass blocking and OPI/DPI calls? I'm curious too why these aren't in and is it because EA still are catering too the tournament/casual gamers? There is no RISK/REWARD for passing even with these improvements. Somebody from game changers need too tell EA this and let them know that this is fundamentals of football and there is no excuses that it can't get in, because ALLPRO2k8 had both and that's a next gen game. So please let a brotha know something.
This is what I can tell you. We tried it and and did not experience the PI.

Shaun himself was trying this out hard andhe brought it up directly with the gameplay team, so they are more than aware of it and heard it directly from us. I know they were looking into it and we hope to see something in '13.

What else can we do beyond that? I'm a fairly big dude...do you want me to start laying on top of developers until you get what you want? lol
Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You are preaching to the choir about that stuff because I completely agree and I think the CD attendees in this thread do too. However, I keep thinking you are implying that there is something more the CD attendees could do to get things to change and I don't agree with that.

I think we all sometimes feel that there is something different we could do if given the chance but at the end of the day we are not EA football devs and the only difference in posting opposed to actually going to Tiburon is, we know for fact they heard us if we go.
Well then BIG,

IF we continue too preach too the choir and or voices it's heard for this generation, there is no hope for this generation. We are stuck with casual/tournament gamer football until competition comes and give us options or 2014 comes with a new EA mindset. As much as I loved video game football, it saddens me that it has come too this option of no choice. Guess next - gen will be powerful enough too get all what we asking for unless we get a MADDEN2006 episode again.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #59
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Big I think it was discussed with the developers? If they can't add animations too help with the transitions of OPI/DPI, then at least make the slider more sensitive at 100. There is no reason that a OPI/DPI isn't called in 10-15 games of playing.
I'm pretty much done talking about PI after my last post on it, there's nothing more I can say about it. Sliders can't increase the frequency if PI isn't working correctly to begin with.

Quote:
they said they improved pass blocking but still no double-team pass blocking. So there is no RISK/REWARD in the passing game again and u can bump and jump all over the receiver for the ball.
The second part of your statement here, I'm not sure I follow. The "so" in the second sentence implies some causality to me...help me understand how double team pass blocking affects down field WR/DB interaction?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #60
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_TSO

Shaun himself was trying this out hard andhe brought it up directly with the gameplay team, so they are more than aware of it and heard it directly from us. I know they were looking into it and we hope to see something in '13.

What else can we do beyond that? I'm a fairly big dude...do you want me to start laying on top of developers until you get what you want? lol
I'm bigger than David if it resorts to that.

David can attest to the fact that I'm loud and speak very directly about things, trust me, they hear what I'm saying, hahaha.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #61
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not sure if you saw this on page 2 of this thread or not.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you or this post but it seems to me the conversation was between them and developers, not just amongst each other.

I think the fact that they say they were at Tiburon trying to intentionally trigger PI calls is a good indicator that they directly addressed the lack of them with developers. Now of course that doesn't mean they will get it working but at least the issue was addressed right there in the developers faces, not just on message boards.
We directly talked to developers about it. They actually went in and worked on the code while we were there, sent us a different build so we could try to test the frequency it happened.

Designers/Developers are in the room with us every day all day while we are there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
I've heard from David on TSO that they jukes have been tuned. I don't know how much it has been tune but they did something.
I hate the way they have juke right now, and I yelled about it.=)
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_TSO

LOL..no David don't do that, but it would be fun too shake those guys up at EA. It just bothers me and I have been on this forum for years now, that after tons and tons of feedback with david Ortiz, Ian Cummings and phil Frazier, that this stuff haven't been addressed. U had 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013. Out of which of these could they not have addressed these issues in one development cycle? It just baffling that's all.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #64
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Great questions you asked over there.........sadly he punted though. I feel like people that tested it were just wowed by EA and haven't truly given sim football guys straight answers. Oh well, I will wait for a few months before I possibly purchase, if at all.
I've been to EA a ton of times now...the "wow" factor is long gone for me. David ended up answering a lot of those questions. The reason I'm hesitant is because I don't want to say something definitive that I am unsure about - from memory. It's the reason I said I wish he would have posted that in Orlando, simply so I could have worked down the list and played the game to answer.

Remember that we played NCAA, but we also spent time on dynasty and other items. I personally don't want to misrepresent something and have people get all pissed off if I'm wrong. The whole reason I am doing this on OS is so people start to trust me when I say things about the game, and if I start being wrong that doesn't happen, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »