Home

Ea?????

This is a discussion on Ea????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ea?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Attempting to belittle someone by calling them a rookie accomplishes nothing.
Next time, I'll use "buddy." I REALLY think everyone here is getting WAAAAY too caught up in something that had zero intent. And my initial reaction on the top of this page is straight up proof. I'm not the one who derailed this thread by bringing this up. I was addressing the video and the complaining. At no point did I try to take the topic to the "rookie" status.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

The precision passing the video points out has nothing to do with the multiple new passing trajectories. And EA claims that L-Stick passing, although not new itself, is now more precise. The new system isn't simply about "leading" a receiver, and EA hasn't fooled anyone.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 13

Come on now. Persuasion passing is an old concept they took out when they came to 360 and ps3. It was on last generation consoles the same as 2k had maximum passing. Worked the same way. It's just something taken out and added back in years later to call new.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #20
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
...Persuasion passing...
"YOU WILL THROW TO THE OPPOSITE SHOULDER OR I WILL BREAK YOUR LEGS!"
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Come on now. Persuasion passing is an old concept they took out when they came to 360 and ps3. It was on last generation consoles the same as 2k had maximum passing. Worked the same way. It's just something taken out and added back in years later to call new.
I want persuasion passing....

I think the last passing that I really felt was honed well was the route-based passing of Madden 2004. I LOVED the passing game in '04, and I've missed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #22
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
A strawman argument, at best, and a poor assumption. Talk about reaching. Moving on.
"Rookies: Respect the board and respect those who have been here. Pay your dues."

Yes, my assumption is obviously based on nothing.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

People need to move on. These games are better than anything from '07 or earlier. The only reason you think they are better is because of nostalgia. I went back and played QB Club 99 (the one with Favre on it) for the N64 the other day. I used to think it was the best football game I've ever played, even better than recent Madden/NCAA/2K. It's garbage compared to this generation.

Yes I agree the current gen needs a new engine that will introduce momentum, ect.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
People need to move on. These games are better than anything from '07 or earlier. The only reason you think they are better is because of nostalgia.
I can't speak for everyone, but I think NCAA 06 is better than 12 because I've been playing it for the past month and I can clearly SEE that it's better. Is it perfect? Obviously not, but I feel that for the most part each individual aspect of the game is better(*) than what has been in any NCAA Football on this generation of consoles.

(*) Except, to some extent, blocking, where at least now some semblance of a pocket forms (even though the method of forming that pocket is poor).

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 04-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »