Home

Special Teams - Yearly Rant

This is a discussion on Special Teams - Yearly Rant within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Special Teams - Yearly Rant

Some bad snaps on punts and field goals wouldn't hurt anything either. I don't think there's a better example of how stale, scripted, and robotic the gameplay in these games can be than the fact that every snap is a perfect one on punts and field goals. Really, how long could it take to add a couple bad snap/bobble animations? And if they're really that concerned about people getting mad over a bad snap at the end of a game, give us an option to turn it on/off. Or better yet, come up with a human-controlled mechanic for snaps so it isn't just a random occurrence.

EDIT: In memory serves me correctly, there actually is a snap that makes the punter jump sideways. So in all fairness, my claim that every snap is "perfect" isn't quite true. However, I don't think there's any difference in the time it takes for the punter to get the ball off, and even with a straight shot, you're not going to be able to get there. So, it really doesn't make any difference.

Last edited by Pokes404; 04-25-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I just wish the ball wouldn't always bounce the same way on punts!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Some bad snaps on punts and field goals wouldn't hurt anything either. I don't think there's a better example of how stale, scripted, and robotic the gameplay in these games can be than the fact that every snap is a perfect one on punts and field goals. Really, how long could it take to add a couple bad snap/bobble animations? And if they're really that concerned about people getting mad over a bad snap at the end of a game, give us an option to turn it on/off. Or better yet, come up with a human-controlled mechanic for snaps so it isn't just a random occurrence.
Just put the bad snaps and stuff under the 'Sim Mode' option and put the current 'perfect play' stuff in a default/casual mode option like 2k.

I know how to block XPs easily -- punts are foreign to me though. That 1/3 is certainly missing in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I just wish the ball wouldn't always bounce the same way on punts!
They said they fixed it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
They said they fixed it.
That would be awesome if they did, it's my pet peeve.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That would be awesome if they did, it's my pet peeve.
I didn't play NCAA 12 much, are you saying there's a limited number of bounces, which gets repetitive? Or does the ball literally bounce the exactly same way on every punt?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Just put the bad snaps and stuff under the 'Sim Mode' option and put the current 'perfect play' stuff in a default/casual mode option like 2k.

I know how to block XPs easily -- punts are foreign to me though. That 1/3 is certainly missing in the game.
Exactly. Also add more variety to punt and kick formations, like someone else mentioned, on both sides of the ball. Meaning don't just have the basic FG/Extra Point plays, add directional protection and block attempt plays.

Take a page from Tecmo Bowl and require gamers to decide whether to protect the middle, left or right and the defense to decide which area to attack for a block. I am not saying selecting the wrong protection automatically equals a block but it should increase the chances. This way both the CPU and User have to be mindful of blocks every time.

Not to mention, it would be nice to have a "real FG/Punt" percentage option that no matter how good I User kick/punt, it still maxes out according to the players ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Punting team actually catching the ball when they are camped under it inside of the 10 yard line instead of me running under it and letting it hit me in the head lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »