Home

How to make Road To Glory fun?

This is a discussion on How to make Road To Glory fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
How to make Road To Glory fun?

Been severely bored lately, so I started playing this "game" again. Never played RTG but it's pretty cheesy. I played through my HS season and my THP was like 50 OVR in college, so I started over since that's unacceptable (I was the #1 prospect with a SPARQ rating of like 1,750.9, btw). Then I got a couple schools that I wanted to go to, and simmed the remainder of the season to try and avoid that THP glitch. I decided to take my talents to Columbia.

As a freshman at South Carolina, I came in at like 88 right off the bat, and after the first season I'm 99 OVR and literally unstoppable now that I've unlocked all the stupid little commando and sleight of hand perks or whatever. Stupid childish garbage. Sick of this.

Anyway, how can I make this turdbiscuit fun? I'm gonna' start all over without using the dumb "skill upgrades" or whatever that Rated "EC" for early childhood feature is, but I don't want to play another entire season and have my THP come in at like 23 OVR.

Thanks.

PS; I think the worst thing about this immense failure of a game mode is that I'm unable to alter the quarter length. At one point in the season I had the #1 defense and the #119 offense. That is ********.

PS2; I will not play RB because I only get 11 carries per game and ultimately get really frustrated when the coach continues to pass the ball (especially one 3rd and 1). Is defense any fun? I can't imagine I would do anything spectacular on the defensive side of the ball. I tried playing FS in HS and racked up a whopping 2-3 TKLs per game. Also, it wasn't fun for me.

QB tips on how to make this $60 dust collector fun? Thanks again, and sorry for rambling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How to make Road To Glory fun?

Road to Glory (And Superstar Mode) are garbage right now. In both modes, I've started as a low rated player only to end up as 99 overall by the end of the season. The out-of-game experience is boring at best, leaving only the gameplay itself worth playing.

In football, these modes are distractions at best. If you want a challenge, try playing a cornerback and see how you do. I played FS and it wasn't too difficult. But CB, oof.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

A few things:
1. Custom Quarter Lengths. Very big thing. The chance to get alot of attempts(Throws, Catch, Runs, Tackles, Def) in a game.
2. Bugs. Like have low THP or other ratings.
3. Having Cap limits like NBA2k MP. As a Power back, I should be able to get 99 speed.
4. Going from buying Skill Packs to manually boosting certain ratings and slow progression. Only being able to boost ratings only 4-5 times a season rather than every week. It will slow down being rated 99 by soph season.
5. Having Practice matter more. I never felt challenge by the backup. The Position battle were very easy, even easier than regular backup. I would like to see the backup practice too.
6. Being able to choose your own special plays. I like being able to have "option" plays if call. I dont like the current call. But, I would like to be able to choose my own 3-6 calls l would run in the situation

I only care about #1. Because I dont like only getting 11-15 carries a game or 12-20 passes a game or just 5 tackles a game.

Since the run game didnt see much change, I might break my tradition of always starting with a RB. I will start off with a QB that will go to Vandy. Even though DTs are more balanced this year, I might not play DL this year.

I am also glad that there are new faces and that you arent locked in body weights. I mean you wont have to look like a Lineman if you want to be a 220 RB or a 230+ QB.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Road to Glory (And Superstar Mode) are garbage right now. In both modes, I've started as a low rated player only to end up as 99 overall by the end of the season. The out-of-game experience is boring at best, leaving only the gameplay itself worth playing.

In football, these modes are distractions at best. If you want a challenge, try playing a cornerback and see how you do. I played FS and it wasn't too difficult. But CB, oof.
I agree.
Superstar mode was terrible. I only played it once last year. I didnt like the camera angles available for Superstar.
RTG was alright but alot of things made it unplayable. No Custom Quarter Lengths, Camera Angles, No depth outside games, very fast progression, practices were too easy, I didnt like Playcalling.

That was why I was hoping for alot of Gameplay Changes. So, even if there isnt much depth, at least it can be fun just playing the game.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I really liked playing CB. Chance to make plays help on outside running plays.
But, QBs rarely went after your QBs, There were instances where camera ruined a play for me, I couldnt make plays on certain throws.
At least this year, WRs have to look for the ball, so it will be easier to know when to for for the deflection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Just give me the ability to set quarter length and set sliders and I'll be happy.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Just give me the ability to set quarter length and set sliders and I'll be happy.
Exactly. If those are in, I dont care about anything else.
I rarely want to have the chance to have over 300 carries a season or 400-500 passes a season, over 1000 catches, or over 100 tackles.

Sure I want depth out side game, but CQL is more important.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

What are some outside of game feature that can give game more depth?

1. Drills. They can just add the old drills back.
2. A Recruit game. I would like to go against future college stars and possibly announce where I am signing.
3. Actually competing with backups.

I am sure there are more, but I cant really think of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »