Home

Will read & react be like when it comes to WR/DB interaction ?

This is a discussion on Will read & react be like when it comes to WR/DB interaction ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Will read & react be like when it comes to WR/DB interaction ?

I guess this fits here but can someone that talks to the devs see about adding an actual ball spot cursor, that shows up briefly on a pump fake.

Meaning, whenever a real pass is thrown in NCAA/Madden, the intended landing spot of the ball is shown with a lit up indicator, so that same thing should be shown briefly for a pump fake, to "sell" Users controlled defenders.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I guess this fits here but can someone that talks to the devs see about adding an actual ball spot cursor, that shows up briefly on a pump fake.

Meaning, whenever a real pass is thrown in NCAA/Madden, the intended landing spot of the ball is shown with a lit up indicator, so that same thing should be shown briefly for a pump fake, to "sell" Users controlled defenders.
That doesn't show up until after the ball is released though, correct?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

I don't think that is really needed. Considering your natural reaction would be to react to the throwing motion itself not where the ball is intended to land.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i just hope that R&R is based on a rating.

i imagine on heisman a DB will automatically find the ball rendering this useless with rating boosts.

the warping is the real issue, when the DB see the ball he MUST take real footsteps to get to the ball or this is useless...

the skillz clip has never made it into the game no DB or any player move like that, they open their stance and flip their hips in milliseconds...

i am happy to have head tracking, but if the MOVEMENT isn't sound its going to be the same problem all over again, AND FROM WHAT I SAW I DIDNT SEE ANYTHING TO CONVINCE ME THEY FIXED THE SLIDING, ROLLING HIPS THAT PLAYERS HAVE STRAFING AT RIDICULOUS SPEEDS.
I hope it based on what Ian originally intended it to be based on, route running rating and man coverage rating. Keep it simple. Far as warping, yeah that is a huge problem. They cover 3 yards in a blink of an eye.

Another problem I hope they address is players going through other players. I see this a lot in NCAA 12. Defender literally will go through the WR to intercept the ball or knock it down. Sometimes I see it on missed sacks as well. A defensive end arm would go through the QB's waist.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I don't think that is really needed. Considering your natural reaction would be to react to the throwing motion itself not where the ball is intended to land.
You lost me here. lol

I am talking about for User controlled defenders. When I am User controlling a defender, I react to that ball spot lighting up on a pass and try to get there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. Can you explain?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
You lost me here. lol

I am talking about for User controlled defenders. When I am User controlling a defender, I react to that ball spot lighting up on a pass and try to get there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. Can you explain?
What he's saying is that gamers typically react to the throwing motion, not where the ball destination is. I would agree. Besides, I don't believe the indicator is displayed until after the ball leaves the QBs hands, right?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
What he's saying is that gamers typically react to the throwing motion, not where the ball destination is. I would agree. Besides, I don't believe the indicator is displayed until after the ball leaves the QBs hands, right?
I dunno, I think it's a pretty solid idea. Even if the icons don't appear until after the throw/pump fake, the concept could work if they would just briefly flash up for half a second or so.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
I dunno, I think it's a pretty solid idea. Even if the icons don't appear until after the throw/pump fake, the concept could work if they would just briefly flash up for half a second or so.
The reason a pump fake is even effective would be a route like a sluggo. You see the WR start in, you see the QB start to throw, and that's when you're going to try to jump that route. If you wait until you see a ball destination, you WON'T defend that throw. You'll get burned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »