Home

No mention of create-a-play on '13

This is a discussion on No mention of create-a-play on '13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Rookie

lionden_56's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No mention of create-a-play on '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Create a play would be a major welcome addition...if it worked right.
This is the problem...it opens up a lot of potential exploitation for online play, because people won't use it "right". You thought cheesers were bad with the standard playbook? Imagine what they can do when they can create their own formations.

And if EA makes it so that you can't take your plays online, people will complain about that as well. It is just far less of a headache to not have the feature in the game.

Last edited by lionden_56; 05-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionden_56
This is the problem...it opens up a lot of potential exploitation for online play, because people won't use it "right". You thought cheesers were bad with the standard playbook? Imagine what they can do when they can create their own formations.

And if EA makes it so that you can't take your plays online, people will complain about that as well. It is just far less of a headache to not have the feature in the game.
You can't keep good features out because "bad" ppl will abuse it. I say put it in and let everyone fend for themselves. I hate hearing the idea of slowing progress because the feature will be abused. That's not cool.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

You wouldn't be able to create illegal formations, I don't see a problem..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Rookie

lionden_56's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
You can't keep good features out because "bad" ppl will abuse it. I say put it in and let everyone fend for themselves. I hate hearing the idea of slowing progress because the feature will be abused. That's not cool.
except for when people create plays that exploit the system, the game becomes unplayable online. That IS a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
You wouldn't be able to create illegal formations, I don't see a problem..
It is less about legal/not legal formations, and more about that the game is a system of code that can be broken (not to be confused with The Matrix). People will figure out a way to exploit the AI and create money plays that will become unstoppable online.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
except for when people create plays that exploit the system, the game becomes unplayable online. That IS a problem.
Doesn't matter. You don't leave out good features because of the threat they may be corrupted by ppl who will abuse them. Some ppl will abuse everything so it doesn't make sense to punish everyone for that reason. Some ppl didn't want cpb because someone will put all the money plays in one playbook. So be it. But a great gameplanning feature like that can't be left out because of fear.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Create-a-play is for the cheesers, doesn't belong in the game. It would get exploited and make the game unplayable.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
Create-a-play is for the cheesers, doesn't belong in the game. It would get exploited and make the game unplayable.
I'm just curious, in what way do you feel it would be abused? In your mind, what plays do you envision being created that would make the game unplayable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
So creating plays that are in the game but not in a particular formation is cheese? Quit whining. Take the good with the bad. There needs to be progress and the read and react defense may make it harder exploit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »