Home

NCAA 13 New Plays

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 New Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA 13 New Plays

Has anyone heard of any new plays that will be coming to NCAA 13 this year? If not, what plays would you guys like to see? My number one would probably be the "inverted veer" that has become so popular in the past couple of years. Basically a play side zone read.
Also, I'd like to see a midline zone read play.
Let me know what you guys think and TIA for anyone who has any info on new plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 13 New Plays

I miss the HB Direct Snap. The last time I saw it (I could be missing something) was Florida's playbook in NCAA '10 or '11. I know BYU used to have it on the PS2 gen games.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
I miss the HB Direct Snap. The last time I saw it (I could be missing something) was Florida's playbook in NCAA '10 or '11. I know BYU used to have it on the PS2 gen games.
It's in NCAA 12. It doesn't work very well, but it's there.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I think it's still there in 12, don't remember the formation it was in though. maybe shotgun - spread?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxfan70
Has anyone heard of any new plays that will be coming to NCAA 13 this year? If not, what plays would you guys like to see? My number one would probably be the "inverted veer" that has become so popular in the past couple of years. Basically a play side zone read.
Also, I'd like to see a midline zone read play.
Let me know what you guys think and TIA for anyone who has any info on new plays.
Doesn't look like the Inverted Veer made it in this year. I asked gschwendt, a Game Changer over at TheGamingTailgate, and he said this:

Quote:
Any of the option guys notice if the Inverted Veer was added to the playbooks this year?
I didn’t look for it but I don’t believe it’s in. I ran the Arkansas State (Malzahn) offense most of the week I was there and I never saw anything like that.
Honestly though, I'm not convinced EA could successfully add it even if they wanted to. To run it properly, they'd have to add in new animations and logic for the crashing DE, a sliding mesh for the QB & RB, and make sure momentum is working properly (otherwise the EMOL would be able to close back in on the QB too quickly).

Maybe next gen?

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
It's in NCAA 12. It doesn't work very well, but it's there.
Really? Totally missed it. It used to be a really good play to use for a quick conversion on 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 3. Any idea where it is in '12??
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Really? Totally missed it. It used to be a really good play to use for a quick conversion on 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 3. Any idea where it is in '12??
It was kinda cheap though if it was abused. In 12 the defense reacts very fast to it...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
hmmm pretty sure the LSU playbook ran it against me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »