Home

The WAC is done

This is a discussion on The WAC is done within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #33
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The WAC is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblizza
I feel bad for both of them also but at the same time I am dissapointed that the Mountain West didnt bring along New Mexico St. New Mexico St traditionally in the WAC have had a great competative basketball program but a football program that leaves a lot to be desired. They would have been a much better fit then San Jose St because A)They are competative and B)They are competative. Also they have natural rivals with New Mexico and UTEP(if they indeed slide over to the MWC). Idaho...well umm they suck in everything sorry Vandal fans. Big Sky is a much better fit for you.
Annoys me to keep reading about the "Bay Area market" being the reason for San Jose St to be brought into the Mountain West. In all seriousness I lived in San Jose and no one there gives a crap about the Spartans and no one goes to their games I mean why watch that train wreck of a program when you can drive 15-20 minutes up the freeway and watch Stanford? Plus their basketball team plays in a freaking high school gym pretty much...isn't this 2012? Just my .2
I don't believe the "Bay Area TV Market" either, but San Jose does bring A TON of untapped recruiting potential, but i'm not sold on NMSU other then basketball. Sure you have the rivalry, but UTEP may not slide over but I still think i'd have SJSU, easier travel and huge untapped recruiting area for other schools.
BTW, how do you think the Pack is gonna do this year?
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers
Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #34
Rookie

djblizza's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the Pack will have another solid outing again this year...they are one of the few teams to have a chosen QB from the start and I think they should finish in the upper area of the standings. Its going to be tougher this year though Wyoming, UNLV and Colorado St for example are no San Jose St, Idaho, or New Mexico St cream puffs that you can count on for easy wins.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

http://sanjosestate.scout.com/2/1184217.html

read this article you elitists
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I feel bad for both of them also but at the same time I am dissapointed that the Mountain West didnt bring along New Mexico St. New Mexico St traditionally in the WAC have had a great competative basketball program but a football program that leaves a lot to be desired. They would have been a much better fit then San Jose St because A)They are competative and B)They are competative. Also they have natural rivals with New Mexico and UTEP(if they indeed slide over to the MWC). Idaho...well umm they suck in everything sorry Vandal fans. Big Sky is a much better fit for you.
Annoys me to keep reading about the "Bay Area market" being the reason for San Jose St to be brought into the Mountain West. In all seriousness I lived in San Jose and no one there gives a crap about the Spartans and no one goes to their games I mean why watch that train wreck of a program when you can drive 15-20 minutes up the freeway and watch Stanford? Plus their basketball team plays in a freaking high school gym pretty much...isn't this 2012? Just my .2

I don't get what's up with all this snobbery, haughtiness from you guys towards San Jose State. It would be great if SJSU wins the MWC next year just to shut you guys up! Make you eat your words, sick of it. Your program was in the dumps at one point or another in the past, such undeserved hatred for a fellow mid-major program such as yours.

Last edited by ILLocano; 05-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #37
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
I don't get what's up with all this snobbery, haughtiness from you guys towards San Jose State. It would be great if SJSU wins the MWC next year just to shut you guys up! Make you eat your words, sick of it. Your program was in the dumps at one point or another in the past, such undeserved hatred for a fellow mid-major program such as yours.
I know it sounds like were being snobs, but how we see it is this. Nevada has had successful seasons for the past 5 years as the only team in the WAC with winning basketball and football records. And in the last few years, SJSU hasn't been consistently good. We just see it as that we've put in hard work to get to a better conference and SJSU just kinda got an invite.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #38
Rookie

djblizza's Arena

OVR: 1

Sorry if I offended you San Jose St guys in all seriousness. Like I said I used to live in San Jose and even went and watched a few games. But the fact of the matter is most of the South Bay area just does not care about your program. Why pay money to watch them get destroyed by everyone when you are within short driving distance to good programs such as Santa Clara(BBALL), Stanford, Saint Marys(BBALL), CAL, and even San Fran(BBALL). Trust me id love for the Spartans to improve because it is not only good for their school but it also improves the quality of the league. Right now they are the league cupcake that every program is looking to run over throughout the season and that sucks I want them to be competative like everyone else and battling for the conf championship. Spartans need a new basketball arena bad instead of that glorified high school gym they have now and recruit better...bay area is a hotbed for athletes and I dont know how many slip through their fingers and go somewhere else.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #39
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you San Jose St guys in all seriousness. Like I said I used to live in San Jose and even went and watched a few games. But the fact of the matter is most of the South Bay area just does not care about your program. Why pay money to watch them get destroyed by everyone when you are within short driving distance to good programs such as Santa Clara(BBALL), Stanford, Saint Marys(BBALL), CAL, and even San Fran(BBALL). Trust me id love for the Spartans to improve because it is not only good for their school but it also improves the quality of the league. Right now they are the league cupcake that every program is looking to run over throughout the season and that sucks I want them to be competative like everyone else and battling for the conf championship. Spartans need a new basketball arena bad instead of that glorified high school gym they have now and recruit better...bay area is a hotbed for athletes and I dont know how many slip through their fingers and go somewhere else.
Yeah, i'm in the same boat. I've always grown up knowing SJSU as not being that competitive is all and letting their recruits go to Nevada, Fresno, and UNLV. Plenty of untapped talent though
Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
Rookie

knyght's Arena

Quote:
Idaho...well umm they suck in everything sorry Vandal fans. Big Sky is a much better fit for you.
http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205021854

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »