Home

The WAC is done

This is a discussion on The WAC is done within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The WAC is done

In an ideal world, the Mountain West would accept Idaho and New Mexico State as football-only sports, which gets them to 12 and gives them a conference title game. This should monetarily cancel out the fact that Idaho and New Mexico State cause them to split TV revenue two extra ways without really adding to it. The WAC could continue on with Seattle and Denver in the Olympic sports. I think Boise State was going to put their other sports back in the WAC, but they might be off now?? Bakersfield doesn't have a conference, and the Great West is dying, so they could get potentially Utah Valley and Texas Pan American. Chicago State is a little out there, but it's a possibility. There are some options for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekcots11
I believe, in my opinon that Texas started this whole conference stuff. I mean think about it, Texas A&M got pissed cause Texas got the Longhorn Network and them Aggies believed it was a recruiting advantage because they were showing high school football games on it. Well, A&M wanted a Big 12 network or have them take down Longhorn Network, they said no, so A&M split, and bam, domnio effect. Oh, lets have the founding fathers of the Big East, Pitt and 'Cuse leave. Oh, A&M and Colorado are leaving? Yea, Mizzou should go to. Now Nebraska on the other hand had the right to leave. Nebraska, Penn State and Michigan State are all Land Grant schools. So it makes sence for Nebraska to leave, but Mizzou, Colorado, Pitt, Cuse? Come on now, its all about money and greed. What's funny is, now all those schools are gonna be crap for a lot of years getting beat up in even better conference than where they came from.

Actual story was Texas approached A&M and A&M said they were not interested and did not see how it would work. So Texas Created and when A&M saw how much money it made they split.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2...er-with-texas/

However money is what will change all these conferences. I think the 4 team playoff will lead to 4 super conferences of 16 teams and the winners will play for the championship.

UFL League Member: Cowboys
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn33
Actual story was Texas approached A&M and A&M said they were not interested and did not see how it would work. So Texas Created and when A&M saw how much money it made they split.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2...er-with-texas/

However money is what will change all these conferences. I think the 4 team playoff will lead to 4 super conferences of 16 teams and the winners will play for the championship.
UT offered to let aTm pay for half of the network and get 33% of the profits. aTm had an issue with that for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »