Home

Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance"

This is a discussion on Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Angry Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance"

It sorta ruins any and ALL drama about whether or not my field goal attempt is going to make it or not. I hate to play without announcers but this was one thing I loved about having them turned off.

On a related note I really love how the announcers make sure to point out every time I appear to be "bringing a blitz" so that my opponent is never caught off guard and always knows when I appear to be blitzing. Thanks guys!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance"

HAHAHAHAaa At least its not Gus Godforsaken Johnson!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

LOL -- 2k used to have that problem when they used to announce every time you tried to drop into a zone.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Edit: But in real life you can kinda tell if the ball has enough power to get there. Just not if it's accurate till a certain point.... Plus if your a kicker in college most likely you can kick the ball at least 40 yards but accuracy is the key. So I really can't complain about them announcing the distance unless I'm kicking a 45-50+ yard field goal then it might ruin the moment...

I agree completely on the blitz thing I hate that...

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 05-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Edit: But in real life you can kinda tell if the ball has enough power to get there. Just not if it's accurate till a certain point.... Plus if your a kicker in college most likely you can kick the ball at least 40 yards but accuracy is the key. So I really can't complain about them announcing the distance unless I'm kicking a 45-50+ yard field goal then it might ruin the moment...

I agree completely on the blitz thing I hate that...
The one flaw in your reasoning though is that the coach on the field cannot hear the broadcasters speaking...so they would not know in the fashion we do..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Also, when playing multiplayer (in the same room) and you bring in your scrambling quarterback, they announce it (back-up quarterback is in now, or something to that extent). Most people I play against don't catch on until they basically tell them, "hey he's probably running an option here."
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The one flaw in your reasoning though is that the coach on the field cannot hear the broadcasters speaking...so they would not know in the fashion we do..
True but the coach can see the feild from a side view and if you have watched quite a few kicks from that angle you can often tell if it has enough power but like I said not the accuracy.. But no he can't hear it although he could see and tell pretty easy IMO...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Also, when playing multiplayer (in the same room) and you bring in your scrambling quarterback, they announce it (back-up quarterback is in now, or something to that extent). Most people I play against don't catch on until they basically tell them, "hey he's probably running an option here."
OMG I forgot that one, I always LOVE that...thank you EA for announcing I may try to run with my backup speedy QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »