Home

I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

This is a discussion on I think team prestiage needs to be tuned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
definitely alabama, but LSU?! maybe a 5 - werent they horrible from 1970-1990?
They've won 3 Championships and have arguably the most iconic stadium in college sports. Arguably, don't go crazy on me. And they were ranked in the top 15 at the season's end 10 times during your 70-90 time span. Horrible?

Last edited by SafetyGreen; 05-05-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
They've won 3 Championships and have arguably the most iconic stadium in college sports. Arguably, don't go crazy on me. Also, I believe LSU has won more games than anyone in like the last 7 years or so. 75-82 they weren't ranked.
LSU is the 5*-6* border case with Fla, like VaTech is the 4*-5* border case. Alabama is a 6* program. I don't see how someone could argue there not.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
LSU is the 5*-6* border case with Fla, like VaTech is the 4*-5* border case. Alabama is a 6* program. I don't see how someone could argue there not.
I can dig that. I guess it would depend on the formula how much recent success is taken into account.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
LSU? Alabama? I think these schools are more prestigious than Florida. I agree with Ohio State and Michigan being 6*
To be honest Florida is more what you've done for me lately. And so it's clear as much as I hate them the U should never fall below a 5. They have 5 rings in 30 years. They should get their respect.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Florida, Bama, and Lsu have won 2 national titles each in about a decade since LSU started the trend

Everyone seems to say LSU is a no brainier 6* even though they have only won 3 titles in all correct? And 1 was with 2 loses... Along with Bama not even wining there conference an won it

So I don't see how Florida couldn't be if LSU is... Idk I almost think they should re evaluate every 10 years because alot can happen to a program in that time. I mean look at Arkansas they have been a bottom feeder and have shot up pretty high in just a few years not saying there a 6* lol but they have changed alot as have other teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #22
Rookie

Qck Dagger HeaT's Arena

OVR: 2

Not to be a homer but Ohio St. Is a 6* school we have the only 2X Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin Multiple National titles one of them was won in the past ten years always top 25 recruiting class most years in the top 10 Our stadium is ALWAYS ranked in the top 10 toughest stadiums Plus Ohio St has Deep Tradition. Please don't get caught up in one season and know your college football History Michigan as much as i H8 them is a 6 Star school as well Texas is A MUST 6 Star they have a recruiting lock on the best state for High school Football, Alabama is a must 6* star along with USC You can toss LSU in the conversation because they have a great case Notre Dame as much as i dislike them is a coin flip there ALWAYS top ten in recruiting the Name Norte Dame recruits its self they have had some down years but there Tradition is unrivaled and is as great as OSU's and Michigan's Tradition. Oklahoma is a coin toss and has a case so does Virginia Tech and Florida

The rest don't have a case I'm sorry Oregon welcome to the college football scene sure you have been great the last 5 years or so but where were u 20 30 years ago? Congratulation on your FIRST BCS bowl come talk to me when you have 4 or 5 more?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

Notre Dame has endless tradition but they haven't been relevant in college football in FOREVER. I'd say Notre Dame 5* solely based off tradition. Florida fan up there makes a good point for Florida too. I guess staying power is relevant somehow. Would you say Florida is a perennial Top 25 team now? It's iffy.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
Rookie

Qck Dagger HeaT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Notre Dame has endless tradition but they haven't been relevant in college football in FOREVER. I'd say Notre Dame 5* solely based off tradition. Florida fan up there makes a good point for Florida too. I guess staying power is relevant somehow. Would you say Florida is a perennial Top 25 team now? It's iffy.
I wouldn't say in Forever? I would say ever Since Brady Quinn they have been two 2 BCS bowls in the last 10 years They played Ohio St. In the Fiesta Bowl and lost Quinns Sr. Year and his Jr Year they played Lsu and lost that one 2 they have had about 5 or 6 consecutive bad seasons but I would make them a 5 star as well and yea I Agree Florida has a great case since it's the SEC the best conference in college football (no1 can disagree with that) I wouldn't be mad if they gave them 2 or 3 6 stars. Between Florida Lsu and Alabama but Alabama is the top case of that three IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »