Home

I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

This is a discussion on I think team prestiage needs to be tuned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #65
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I think team prestiage needs to be tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
I quit.
Haha hey man your 10* scale is a hit though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #66
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I personally don't like the way the prestige is done on NCAA. it's too easy to move up and too easy to move down.

It's unrealistic when a team like Texas has a few bad seasons, and all of a sudden they are a 3 star program. Or Western Michigan has a few good seasons, and all of a sudden they are a 4 or 5 star program.

I think there should be a cap on the major programs. A point where they can't fall below.

I like the 1-10 star system. For example, maybe have Notre Dame's cap be a 8 star, and have the rest of the stars be determined by recent on the field play.

Even if Notre Dame has 5 straight losing seasons, they shouldn't drop down to being a 1 or 2 star program like they would on NCAA.

Programs with high alumni bases (money!), rich history, great academic standards, and location (or being the official state school of a state) should always be prestigious, because that is where many college students want to go. On field success is only a part of the pie.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #67
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

ECU should be a 3* out of 10 though. Not 2* they are past that point
Old 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #68
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I forgot to say, the biggest flaw about this system is they use the prestige ranking to be the biggest influence on recruiting.

For example, to make a program like Boise State good, they have to give them a high prestige ranking so they can get good recruits. But in real life, Boise State is NOT a high prestige program. They don't even get top recruiting classes.

Coach prestige needs to be totally redone. Coaches need to be the biggest deciding factor on recruiting and player development.

Boise State should be a low ranking program on the game, but the coach should have an elite prestige so that the team can be good.

The coaching prestige is broken on NCAA though. Way too many high prestige coaches and way too easy to move up.

We're getting into coach rating territory now, which is still absent, i'm assuming.

If they fixed coach prestige and added ratings, then I think the program prestige would benefit a ton and balance the entire system out.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #69
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

What is it was broken up into 3 categories, each out of 5*.

History (How good they have been over history)
Success (How good they have been recently)
Fan Support (How much fans like them)

Ex. Notre Dame
H: 5
S: 4
FS: 5

Boise State
H: 2
S: 5
FS: 4

Alabama

Wyoming
S: 2
FS: 1
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #70
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I forgot to say, the biggest flaw about this system is they use the prestige ranking to be the biggest influence on recruiting.

For example, to make a program like Boise State good, they have to give them a high prestige ranking so they can get good recruits. But in real life, Boise State is NOT a high prestige program. They don't even get top recruiting classes.

Coach prestige needs to be totally redone. Coaches need to be the biggest deciding factor on recruiting and player development.

Boise State should be a low ranking program on the game, but the coach should have an elite prestige so that the team can be good.

The coaching prestige is broken on NCAA though. Way too many high prestige coaches and way too easy to move up.

We're getting into coach rating territory now, which is still absent, i'm assuming.

If they fixed coach prestige and added ratings, then I think the program prestige would benefit a ton and balance the entire system out.
Brilliant. I think the whole thing needs to be revamped but starting from your point would be a good idea
Old 05-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #71
Banned

tlew09's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
What is it was broken up into 3 categories, each out of 5*.

History (How good they have been over history)
Success (How good they have been recently)
Fan Support (How much fans like them)

Ex. Notre Dame
S: 4

Boise State
FS: 4

Alabama

Wyoming
S: 2
FS: 1
What about draft success? That can create a legacy. Kinda like miami did with all the pro talent they had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #72
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
What about draft success? That can create a legacy. Kinda like miami did with all the pro talent they had.
Also assuming you have Madden if you wanted it to continue. And I don't buy Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »