Home

Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

This is a discussion on Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #25
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboutte
The guy with the Mike Leach picture would say that! Bwahahah!
Well we can't tolerate any fat little girlfriends running around now, can we???

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #26
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
Yeah, the answer is pretty obvious...

For some of us, there's absolutely no fun in taking one of the best teams in the game to a championship. I love the challenge.
I've never started as a coordinator.

But every year I do a Colorado dynasty which means that everything (players, prestige, facilities) sucks other than "campus lifestyle."

At least EA knows that CU is a party school.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well we can't tolerate any fat little girlfriends running around now, can we???

No we cant! We need to go find the girls wearing mini skirts when its 20 degrees out!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

in '12 i played i was the OC for UNLV and i had an absolute blast. Playing in the Nevada-UNLV rivalry game was great. The first 2 years i went 4-8 and in year 3 i went 6-6 and beat a 8-4 GTech team in the Sun Bowl. What a great experience! This year im strongly considering Buffalo in the MAC who i played with for a couple years in NCAA 10
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Im starting my NCAA 13 Dynasty with Texas State

I might stay there a long time. I might stay there for 2 contracts. Get a 3 star HC job, then try to go back to Texas State as a HC
With Texas as a pipeline, I will have great chance at getting good talent

Last edited by illwill10; 05-11-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

In defense of those that play with powerhouse schools, some of us (raises hand) graduated from those schools (FSU) and similar to playing Madden, NBA 2K or any other sports game as your favorite team, you feel that tug to play NCAA as your alma mater.

That's why I typically run 2 Dynasties. I'll start off as the HC at FSU and then do another one where I start off as a HC at a 1-star school or a traditionally bad school in a power conference, i.e. Indiana (sorry Hoosiers fans. I'm playing as them now in NCAA 12 and I'm digging the home stadium and unis) and try to build them up.

I may look at doing the OC route this year. Only playing one side of the ball would really speed up how many games I could get through. Like others mentioned, I wish you could only recruit the side of the ball you coached, but it's not a huge issue.

I also wish you had the option to watch the other side of the ball on the field if you wanted. If the game is close and in the final minutes, I'd like to actually see my Def. or Off. make the plays to potentially win or lose the game, rather than see text on my screen.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 13

In '12 I played as 3 schools in one dynasty. First I chose San Jose State probably the worst team in the league. Next I chose Akron as DC. Didn't go anywhere so I accepted the job at Missouri. Lastly I chose FIU as OC. I am currently in my ninth season.

SJSU as HC I am now ranked #1 with the #1 recruiting class and 1 NC
Missouri 2nd year as HC with one NC
FIU 2nd year as OC and still building

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
So everything is not handed to them on a sliver platter. So they can actually simulate real life coaching hires; no one in their right mind is gonna fire Nick Saban so some unknown coach can come in and take over, etc. To give their coach some credentials and to have fun. I like starting at small schools, and sometimes I stay at small schools. I would stay more often if I could upgrade the team as a whole and not just players, things such as: stadiums, practice field, uniforms, coordinators.

Hint ↓↓↓↓ (my sig)
Most fun I had was taking over a poor Miami University team in my 5th or 6th season way back on NCAA 2002. I took a Miami team devoid of talent offensively and a middle of the road team defensively and happily took my lumps. It made me a better computer coach as I did something on the game I hardly ever done which was made my starting corner play both ways (Corner and Wideout) my first year, then made the dude my starting QB ( for some reason his accuracy was right on the money when he was scrambling). It was the wildest time I ever had because I didn't know what my final record was gonna be. All I know was that I had an all-world talent that made every game count at QB. My first season record was horrible that first year but it was fun because it forced me to really figure out what my team did best and who my real playmakers were.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »