Home

New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

This is a discussion on New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #41
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Typically, I'd say fo' shame....but I personally think this year might be a pretty good year -- sans huge bugs. Which may or may not happen. The thing is, I've always advocated going every other year on annual sports franchises. But still...I'm starting to be a believer in EA Football this year....maybe. MAYBE.
I use to alternate between NCAA and Madden each year.

I really wanted to skip this year after the debacle of last years game. It just seems like they addressing most of the issues I've had with the game the last few years. And with all the problems with last years game, I feel like I missed out on playing NCAA. While I love Madden, I just prefer College ball.

As bugs and glitches, my local game store offers 75% trade-in on games within 3 weeks of their release. NCAA will be on a very short lease this year. If there are game breaking bugs like last year or even a hint of them, it's going bye bye.

I really like what I'm hearing so far and unless something comes out before the release saying the game is a repeat of last year, they have my money.

I just want a NCAA experience similar to what I had with NCAA 06. Not perfect, but I spent a lot of time with that game and loved every minute of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #42
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Projected OVR rating = bull****
My sentiments exactly.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

More people like the new recruiting a lot but I like the improved presentation. In game updates and upset alerts are great.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #44
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
That's Utah tho. If I'm at say....Syracuse or Central Florida or even North Texas, you can't say that a winning football program doesn't change the culture of the school. And I don't mean a good 3 or 4 years. I mean, if I completely change the culture of the program, enrollment goes up at schools who win titles, and let's face it, the weekends are rowdier after a big win. That rating should change over time....make it REALLY hard, like 15 or seasons to get from a C to A-minus. It does change the pulse of the campus.
The 'culture' it changes is the gameday culture. That's what should move. A winning football team doesn't make kids drink and party, it gives kids who are already looking for one a reason. That's why schools like UCSB appear on party school rankings without a team, and Colorado will always be high even when their football team is hot garbage. Campus life is all the other tings that make a college fun, like live music.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

So one question: are recruits and overall still linked so that I should only blindly recruit 5 star and 4 star recruits?

In other words, will I find diamonds in the rough? Will some 3 stars end up being as good as 5 stars? Will some 4 stars be absolutely terrible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6
I just hope they fix their Depth Chart Logic..

If not, recruiting and transferring won't matter as much as it should.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #47
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
The transfers improvement stands out the most to me at this point. That's something that was always a glaring miss. The number of transfers out/in was pathetic, but this year's improvement coupled with the likelihood of players following coaches - I'm impressed with the effort thus far.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I love the gem and busts added to recruiting.
Starting off as a 1 star OC/DC/HC will be more fun now. Before I used a 1 star school just as a stepping stone only. I would just sim 1st season while recruiting, then just try to get my coach grade up leave for a better job

Now I will be more inclined to go after 1-3 star players and not having to go after 4 and 5 star guys to get players to immediately make a impact. I can solely focus on finding gems to make my team better. I can find the Matheiu's, Ingrams, Blackmon's of the world while recruiting.
I can stay at that school and eventually make them powerhouse due to finding gems

Last edited by illwill10; 05-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »