Home

CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

This is a discussion on CPU AI still going to know what play I am running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

exactly, it's a double edged sword. If you just stick with the run play you are getting no gain/negative yardage. If you audible to pass you feel cheap for taking advantage of bad AI

I feel like this is something that should be noticed by them when they play the game. I mean, do they never try to run from the shotgun? I really don't feel like this is a difficult fix either. How hard is it to base the defenses formation off of the personnel the offense put in the game?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

am pretty sure in one of the playbooks they mentioned that they would make the cpu ai calling much better than in years past.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Yea this and over aggressive defenses are my two biggest problems with NCAA 12.
Has anyone actually felt bad for picking up a first down on 3rd and long because, for God only knows what reason, the defense decided to run engage-8 against my 4 WR set? I know I have. I've scored touchdowns at the end of the half because not only did they run an all-out blitz, but then their safeties are stupid enough to let 2 of my receivers behind them. A 60-yard TD to end the half isn't an exciting play if the CPU is just going to give it to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Has anyone actually felt bad for picking up a first down on 3rd and long because, for God only knows what reason, the defense decided to run engage-8 against my 4 WR set? I know I have. I've scored touchdowns at the end of the half because not only did they run an all-out blitz, but then their safeties are stupid enough to let 2 of my receivers behind them. A 60-yard TD to end the half isn't an exciting play if the CPU is just going to give it to me.
Yeah, it is so uneven. Definitely has to be fixed. That and the super jumping LBs that ruin a perfect mid field throw because they have a 70inch vertical.

Sadly, in the dynasty impression thread, I see a lot of Hype Train crushing real questions that matter...
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Yea it's amazing to me that most of the community doesn't seem to think this is a big issue. It is one of my biggest pet peeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Its an issue that the community is aware of -- but when the hype train is moving, things get lost and not thought of again until they see it in game.
EA is also aware. This has been brought up for many years.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlover
Yeah, it is so uneven. Definitely has to be fixed. That and the super jumping LBs that ruin a perfect mid field throw because they have a 70inch vertical.

Sadly, in the dynasty impression thread, I see a lot of Hype Train crushing real questions that matter...
I feel bad about the gimme 60 yard TDs only long enough until a super linebacker knocks a pass down. Then I look it as karma
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlover

They don't have no 70inch vertical lol...

It's the dumb low line pass trajectory that makes them seem like they are jumping high. Hope the way they fixed the pass this year helps...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Sadly, in the dynasty impression thread, I see a lot of Hype Train crushing real questions that matter...[/quote]

I love seeing the new information, but this really irritates me. Legit questions from the concerned community can be bypassed for softball easy fluff Q&A's.

Back to the topic, the lack of AI formation knowledge/matchups and end of game/end of half really bring down the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »