Home

CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

This is a discussion on CPU AI still going to know what play I am running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Actually, with the way the CPU can jump the snap (even when I mix in hard counts and vary the timing) it feels like they do know your snap count.
I just think there's a set percentage of plays where they are GIVEN the "jump the snap" boost on your button press. Because I've NEVER EVER EVER gotten an offside from the CPU where they were jumping the snap and I wasn't using the hard count. And that does happen in real life, defenders are just guessing on the snap and they jump offside. The only way I get offsides is on the hard count.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I just think there's a set percentage of plays where they are GIVEN the "jump the snap" boost on your button press. Because I've NEVER EVER EVER gotten an offside from the CPU where they were jumping the snap and I wasn't using the hard count. And that does happen in real life, defenders are just guessing on the snap and they jump offside. The only way I get offsides is on the hard count.
This is true. I didn't play Madden last year, but that was the case for NCAA. I could get 3-4 offsides a game from the CPU, but I had to use the hard count.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
This would be huge for me as well. With a 2x2 gun formation, I should not have 7 in the box. Maybe 6 if it is a nickel formation and they are going zone, but not 7 or 8.
Even IF they call nickel and i'm in 2x1, could EA get fix it so the CPU will actually line up halfway intelligent? I put my 2 receivers to the left, and the CPU is in zone, in nickel- the nickel back will be to my right. Thanks for the easy completion- unless that super linebacker makes an apperance.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Yea there are a lot of times I feel like I'm just beating the game instead of playing football.

The CPU is so easy to exploit, and they really don't leave you much of an option when you line up in shotgun and they are in the base defense. The blitzing is just ridiculous, I remember when there was "quiz the QB" there were times when the CPU would hot route and bring 9 or 10 guys on a blitz.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Yea there are a lot of times I feel like I'm just beating the game instead of playing football.

The CPU is so easy to exploit, and they really don't leave you much of an option when you line up in shotgun and they are in the base defense. The blitzing is just ridiculous, I remember when there was "quiz the QB" there were times when the CPU would hot route and bring 9 or 10 guys on a blitz.
I just posted this vid in another thread. Just proof of what everyone is already saying. I hope that it has been adressed somehow becuase we are talking lke 4-5 years of this nonsense so far with no end in sight.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

I seriously hope there's a designer working on next-gen who can do the following:

There needs to be a system beyond the current "ok, both sides choose a play, and then come out of a huddle and run it" -- as in, it needs to be more dynamic.

Basically, you have your full roster on benches. Therefore, when it's time to run plays, you can choose your play, like the current gen, but instead of just having it go into you breaking out of a huddle, it shows players substituting on the field, and then breaking from the huddle, then the defense can keep the players on the field that they have, or make changes on the fly, leaving open a potential for having 12 men on the field. If anyone remembers the PS1 NCAA games, the animations were in there, it's just a matter of making it legitimate so that players can be switched in and out realistically.

The biggest issue would be setting this up in an intuitive way so that defenses can be quickly adjusted and 12-man penalties are kept to a minimum.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Ive always thought it was almost pointless to take a team like Oregon. The only reason I would use them is to have fun running the up tempo style of play running the ball out of the spread, quick screens, etc. If I ran a read option out of shotgun, I was usually screwed with the stacked box and players blitizing from everywhere. The whole reason to even run a spread offense is to spread the defense, and if the defense doesnt spread out then its to easy to take so much advantage of them. If i run a WR screen 3/5 times it is taken for a pick 6 because they know whats happening before the snap.

And I CANT STAND when I audible from one play to another and the defense audibles to the best thing to cover that play. How in the hell should they know what Im audibling to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

It is absolutely impossible to make a CPU/AI play like a human. The computer is not going to outsmart an even average player... that's the way it is going to be forever. The only way to make the game challenging is to give the computer some sort of edge, like: know what play you've called.

I am not against it at all. I read the defense and audible accordingly every single play.... (i.e. Oregon's offense... most fast pace spread offenses!). The computer has an advantage, he knows your play (whoopty doo)... you have an advantage... a brain! Freaking audible and burn him.

Maybe a LB jumps up and beats it down... this actually gives the computer some sort of chance!

Playing the computer has always been easy because the computer is predictable. No matter what, there are going to be things the computer will always fall for or things that work consistently because it is an AI.

If you want a real "sim" experience with the computer then sim the game. If you want to play the computer, then get used to unfair advantages because there is NO OTHER WAY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »