Home

CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

This is a discussion on CPU AI still going to know what play I am running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

So I am pretty excited about all these positive changes to dynasty and to gameplay. But one thing that I thought about that has always irked me and STILL hasn't been addressed is this.

The CPU D always knows whether you called a run or pass play. They base their formation off of it. I can come out in a spread offense and call a run play and 95% of the time the defense is going to come out in their base 4-3/3-4 defense because the AI knows that I called a run play. It makes effectively running out of the spread pretty much impossible, which is unrealistic because many college teams do it very effectively. Plus it is as easy as audibling to a pass play to get the WR on LB mismatch (and if you don't audible to a pass play prepare to be stuffed on the run).

I have tried an experiment before just to prove my theory. I went shotgun, 5 wide. Called a QB run play. I have 5 WRs out on the field, what does the defense come out in? Their base 4-3 Defense. The most unrealistic thing imaginable, no coach in their right mind would come out in a 4-3 against 5 wide even if they know it is going to be a run by the QB. All it takes is an audible and you are screwed.

So maybe I am wrong and I missed where they addressed this issue, but so far I have seen no proof of CPU Defense being fixed, which is very frustrating to deal with on an otherwise great game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

Yea this and over aggressive defenses are my two biggest problems with NCAA 12.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea it's amazing to me that most of the community doesn't seem to think this is a big issue. It is one of my biggest pet peeves
Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Yea it's amazing to me that most of the community doesn't seem to think this is a big issue. It is one of my biggest pet peeves
Its an issue that the community is aware of -- but when the hype train is moving, things get lost and not thought of again until they see it in game.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Its an issue that the community is aware of -- but when the hype train is moving, things get lost and not thought of again until they see it in game.
Which is why people should keep posting in this thread to give the issue more attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is how I deal with this bug; I have crazy audibles that they can't guess from the varying formations.
This style of play isn't 100% fool-proof anyways, because sometimes when you audible, the cpu changes formations, which is totally unrealistic.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Ya always hate that in past Ncaa's it made running teams from the shotgun very hard...

Because you could pick a run with a 4wr formation and the defense would come out in a 4-3. And sure you could switch the play and burn one of there LB's but it got boring and cheap
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I've always found it funny that you can come out 5-wide at the goal line, call a QB Draw and the CPU sets-up in a goal line defense. Yet, if I run slants or some pass play the CPU comes out in Quarters/Dime. I would have no problem if the CPU came out with like a 4-4 or 5-2, but straight goal line with 5 WR's to defend, c'mon. Calling an audible to score is almost too easy, but it has to be done. At that point it's about match-ups, and if the CPU doesn't like the match-up out there call time-out.

Which gets into another issue. I highly doubt they fixed it, but CPU using timeouts like a toddler. Why the CPU feels the need to call time out right after the 2 minute mark in the 4th quarter is unexplainable. You could have just got a 1st down, yet they'll still use a time-out. (From my experience they have used all 3 time-outs in succession regardless of down, yardage, etc. as long as it is past the 2 minute mark)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »