Home

85 Man Roster Question

This is a discussion on 85 Man Roster Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 85 Man Roster Question

I understand that some people don't care about this issue, and that's ok - to each his own. There are a good # of us though that do care about this issue though and we're really just looking for a response.

And I understand that it takes time to develop things, but I'd like to get something more official on this than message board posters guessing as to why it might be hard.

Adding USC song girls and mascots riding on horses is hard too yet those team-specific elements find their way into the game.

For those of us that love to build a 1 or 2 star team up this would add an entirely new level of realism. In real life this is how Boise State stays competitive. They recruit 1-3 star guys, they redshirt, and then 2-3 years later those guys they redshirted end up being starters. In NCAA Football the game, you end up having to cut guys instead of allowing them to develop and not see the field for 3-4 years.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeeeeez
As I've said in other threads I see a potential issue coming with NCAA 13. In that screenshot with Oregon there were like 7 or 8 players transferring. IF that is consistent then the 70 man roster depth is going to be an issue.
If players transfer & get injured at a realistic rate there is definite potential for the 70 man roster limit to be an issue.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
This issue is the least of my concerns.
Then you must not be a heavy offline dynasty player. I don't like playing online at all, nothing to do with competition, everything to do with cheesers and unrealistic football being played.

Again, I'm not complaining to EA and name-calling, this is just something that has been on hundreds of "wish lists" every year. I was pleased with the 55 bump to 70, now I just eagerly anticipate the final push to 85.

With the next gen I will be expecting all 85 and all FCS teams as well to be included in the game.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 13

Sorry but dont press your luck even on the next gen with these devs running the show. They prove year after year they dont listen to the fans.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

I doubt we will see any roster limit changes until next gen.

...along with true physics/momentum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
Then you must not be a heavy offline dynasty player. I don't like playing online at all, nothing to do with competition, everything to do with cheesers and unrealistic football being played.

Again, I'm not complaining to EA and name-calling, this is just something that has been on hundreds of "wish lists" every year. I was pleased with the 55 bump to 70, now I just eagerly anticipate the final push to 85.

With the next gen I will be expecting all 85 and all FCS teams as well to be included in the game.
I'm sorry you haven't found a good online experience...they are out there though.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #23
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

I doubt we will see it this gen. That said, people who say its a 'disk space issue' are crazy. I dont care if it was 100 man rosters, when you think about it, its basically just a text file with all their attributes. Even with all the new stats & equipment for 100 players x 123 teams, I doubt that file is more than a couple hundred kB, 2-3 MB at most. A single picture is often larger than that.

The only way I see it being an issue is what someone else said, memory. Progressing the off season already takes forever while the computer figures out who to cut and advance. If thats the case though, I'd rather they get rid of all those annoyingly slow background animations and free up some memory for larger rosters.

Last edited by aerovt; 05-09-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #24
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav

That's actually the only thing I play and Play Now against roomates or whatnot. I just never thought it was an issue but when you think about I guess it would add some realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »