Home

NCAA 13 has the same Fresh Feeling of 11

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 has the same Fresh Feeling of 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 13 has the same Fresh Feeling of 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks5
The jump from 10 to 11 was bigger than 12 to 13 but I believe this game is going to have the same sort of new feel to it.

NCAA Football 11 had
-New Locomotion that completely changed the way the game looked
-A huge presentation upgrade
-Love it or hate it a transformed recruiting process

NCAA Football 13 has
-New passing system with tons of new catch animations
-A big step forward in presentation
-A huge recruiting overhaul with scouting and transfers

Of course this can only be true if bugs and glitches are avoided. I'm disappointed that there isn't a coaching carousel upgrade but I'm 99% sure it will be a focus next year (I can already hear Ben laughing about how bad it was). Regardless this year’s game will feel very different from the last.
It's too early for many of the criticisms about this year's edition. Perhaps some of the legacy bugs may still be fixed (ex: CPU playcalling, lost linemen, etc.).

Similarly, it's much too early to start lauding a game that nobody outside of a couple of Game Changers have had hands-on experience with.

We have enough people on here with stars in their eyes about NCAA 12 - we could do without people falling in love with 13 already.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
It's too early for many of the criticisms about this year's edition. Perhaps some of the legacy bugs may still be fixed (ex: CPU playcalling, lost linemen, etc.).

Similarly, it's much too early to start lauding a game that nobody outside of a couple of Game Changers have had hands-on experience with.

We have enough people on here with stars in their eyes about NCAA 12 - we could do without people falling in love with 13 already.
I'm not saying that the game will be good or bad. Just that it will be very DIFFERENT from the last. I agree that making judgments without much gameplay video is risky but from what I've heard and seen so far I think this much is safe to say.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
NCAA 12 was a better game that NCAA 11. Gameplay was definitely a step forward.
The only thing about NCAA 12 IMO that was better than NCAA 11 was the graphics and a step up in presentation.

Gameplay actually took a step backwards from what you expect from the new (latest version) game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks5
Just that it will be very DIFFERENT from the last.
It seems the same exact thing that happened last year is happening early on this year. I'm tempted to pre-order NCAA '13, but like others I'm very hesitant. I don't like buying two of the same titles in sequential years, as typically not a lot changes overall.

We really don't know how much will be different from NCAA '12, as no one has really played the game ... yet. The biggest issue with '12 was the passing game, and the jumping line backers. I didn't get into coaching carousel as much as I wanted, with work and life priorities.

I'm VERY disappointed that in-game saves will not be available in '13, it's a feature that I use all the time in NBA2k11.

Let's wait and see how people like this game in August or September, once people have a good amount of time. I hope the freezing is gone... that has not affected me as much in recent times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »