Home

In this thread, discuss all the things NOT

This is a discussion on In this thread, discuss all the things NOT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In this thread, discuss all the things NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This thread shouldn't come out until after July 10th. After that, we can tell if half the complaints have been fixed or not. It's FAR FAR FAR too early to complain about nano blitzes and rocket catches.

Also, these lines:
Would you buy a racing game if the brakes didn't work?

Would you buy a shooting game if the bullets didn't fire?

What about a platform er where you couldn't jump, climb or shoot?

are nonsense. You can play a pretty good game of football in NCAA 12. It may not be as super duper, 100% perfect as you want it, but its a game of football. You could bring these comparisons up if you couldn't throw a forward pass AT ALL in NCAA, or even run a 3-4 defense, but you can do all those things and have fun doing it. I really enjoyed 12. I wouldn't enjoy a shooting game where the guns didn't work.
No, it should be discussed now & whenever we feel like it, you're comment about a "pretty good game" of football is very subjective, I mean, it's sure fun to play a game of football where the oline doesn't work correctly, where the option game is broken? Where you can't block a fg/punt or the return game is non existent or the any number of other broken issues in the game? But you can get a pretty good game of football in? All of that said, I have more than a 500 hours of game time in NCAA 12 & will most likely have the same in 13, but not at midnight like I have every year since they made the hard street dates, I used to get it early back in the day.

This year based on reviews I will buy a used/ discounted copy if the same broke stuff exist like we all think it will.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
OP's name is BamaNutt.

That's awesome.
Your point?

I live in Arizona but from walker county al & go back often & visit family, fish & hunt there and generally love the state. Yea I'm a NUTT about the football program too. I was given the choice as a baby like most born in state are, I was put in a BAMA (dad) blankie & fell right to sleep, later on was put in that awful orange & blue (mom) & apparently cried for two days. so it was set from an early age, I've been lucky enough to see 4 national championships one in my lifetime, met bear Bryant & gene stallings, & coach Saban. All of my vehicles are red, white, or both. The kick, the catch, the block & the goal line stand all hang in my mans room. Yea I have been called a NUTT before,

So how's the lil sister school doing down there in west Georgia?
Old 05-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #35
Rookie

Is it too soon or do you guys still think we should wait closer to release date?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #36
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
When you can write the code for five hours, come back and talk. As a programmer everything you wrote is summarized into a programming headache. Plus with people like you, no matter what they did it would never, ever be good enough.
As silly as this thread is, this response is even sillier. Why should we care if the programming is hard? We pay them money because we can't make our own games. If the current programmers don't like it they can be unemployed and someone else who doesn't complain can do their job.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #37

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
As silly as this thread is, this response is even sillier. Why should we care if the programming is hard? We pay them money because we can't make our own games. If the current programmers don't like it they can be unemployed and someone else who doesn't complain can do their job.
Sigh. Happy employees work better, and harder, if you're going to float a wishlist of headaches onto a programming team, watch them all quit and go somewhere else. The company I interned for in college tried that, and ended up scrapping the project.

Either way that's not even the point of my post, my point is, everyone who says "adding this should be easy!" Truly has no idea what they're talking about. People complain about QA on the simple things, yet they want to add more complexities that would take even more time to QA. Its really not all that feasible. People vastly underestimate the time and effort that goes into something that seems so small.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #38
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Sigh. Happy employees work better, and harder, if you're going to float a wishlist of headaches onto a programming team, watch them all quit and go somewhere else. The company I interned for in college tried that, and ended up scrapping the project.

Either way that's not even the point of my post, my point is, everyone who says "adding this should be easy!" Truly has no idea what they're talking about. People complain about QA on the simple things, yet they want to add more complexities that would take even more time to QA. Its really not all that feasible. People vastly underestimate the time and effort that goes into something that seems so small.
I'm sorry, these are professional programmers making a living based on our money. If it takes 10 years for them to put future draft picks in, then they should be fired. If they can't expand rosters with a year to deal with it, they should be fired. I don't care how hard it is, i won't buy the product anymore if their stance is "were busy and it's time consuming, so we won't do it". The fact that a consumer is actually trying to justify a companies inability to improve their product is ridiculous.

Also, if the programmers quit, i doubt ea would struggle to fill their places. This is ea, not noobling and co. programmers.

Last edited by pendo; 05-20-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #39

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
I'm sorry, these are professional programmers making a living based on our money. If it takes 10 years for them to put future draft picks in, then they should be fired. If they can't expand rosters with a year to deal with it, they should be fired. I don't care how hard it is, i won't buy the product anymore if their stance is "were busy and it's time consuming, so we won't do it". The fact that a consumer is actually trying to justify a companies inability to improve their product is ridiculous.

Also, if the programmers quit, i doubt ea would struggle to fill their places. This is ea, not noobling and co. programmers.
I agree, its also totally ridiculous how long construction takes, we should fire all of them too. This is possibly some of the worst logic ever, and its fine that you don't wish to buy their product. You seem to forget, these programmers are real people not robots, no reason to treat them like ****.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #40
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
I agree, its also totally ridiculous how long construction takes, we should fire all of them too. This is possibly some of the worst logic ever, and its fine that you don't wish to buy their product. You seem to forget, these programmers are real people not robots, no reason to treat them like ****.
How is it the worst logic ever? I want to get the best possible product for the best price? They want to spend as little money/time on the product and still have me buy it. That's reality.

Say you ordered a salami sandwich at a deli and it had 1 piece of salami as well as it came on stale bread, i doubt you would happily go and give them your money again without demanding a better product.

If you can actually sit there and tell me with a straight face that EA have tried as hard as possible the last few years, prepare to be laughed at until I am hoarse. They have no need to try as hard as possible, because people like you will make excuses for them and keep buying their sub par product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »