Home

Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast

This is a discussion on Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast

they need to do TV style broadcast only.
think about that intro we just saw.

rece davis, TV INTRO
brad nessler, TV INTRO
then brad nessler goes quiet, and there's an awkward silence while cutscenes play
then nessler says something else
then he goes quiet again

this is just stupid.

a "realistic" experience for all fans is TV broadcast. I want TV-camera positioning on replays, more broadcast-like camera movements on the field, and more emphasis on broadcast in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #26
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

TV-Style Broadcast angles/cuts give the game a bigger wow factor IMO

Mike Young and the madden guys seem to agree.....

You want people to say "Sh** son its just like I be watching on the TV on Sundays"

^I think that intial relationship is critical in keeping people immersed an engaged in the game....You want to draw a direct comparison to the real thing an withdraw that same joyfulness you get while playing/seeing the game

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Seems like more and more here the only thing people do is voice displeasure. Seems like even when someone says they like something, 2-3 people chime in on why they hate it and why they want it taken out. It gets a little old. Can't there be a positive post where people don't chime in ripping on the part of the game people enjoy? Oh, and if you want that replay video, have fun searching for it. I'm done here for a few weeks.
i think your being a wee bit too sensitive here bro..no offense but you gotta remember we are a bunch of men here..men that are into sports with a passion..so get use to it..that's how we roll here and it dont always mean we are personally attacking someone..but wanting our voices to be heard..LOUD AND CLEAR.

One thing i notice from time to time is that some "internet users" tend to forget that when communicating with "typed words" without any tone of voice to be heard or any kind of face expression to be seen..one can take things the wrong way easily. Reason why i know this is that i currently run a forum "Christian forum" with over 1000 members..i see this kind of thing go on all the time. Its easy to misunderstand people when only using typed words for communication..at the same time..you cant get offended so easily if you want to interact on the internet..believe me..its the wild wild west on the net these days...well it always has been..anything goes so being sensitive is not a good thing when dealing with people on the net
Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

This is just a thought, but how hard would it be to patch in new camera angles for NCAA 13? Not sure how many of you have played Skyrim, but they patched new camera angles with the recent update for the game and they are great. Seems like it could be done without much problem, unless Im missing something here.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

100% agree OP. I see a lot of great improvements this year, including with the presentation, but that dead silence as the teams do their intros is just plain jarring and awkward. Hell, leave those intros, just at least have the announcers talking.

And yes to the replays as well. They need to quite trying to be extra creative with some of this and just do it the way we see it on tv, as it's already done very well on there.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #30
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
They are trying to blend it, but somethings are clearly not as well done as others.

If they used the real life angles people would complain there is a lack of diversity.

No offense but I didn't even notice the grass until someone claimed it was just showing off the grass. I'm going to have to disagree there, that and someone saying it's too low to the ground? The grass maybe accounts for 1/10th (on a higher guess) of the screen space. That isn't horrible, EA has the ESPN license not integrating those elements is a waste of licensing fees, if they wouldn't make the animations look so awful, all of those replays would look great.
well honestly i believe ncaa is behind madden when it comes to presentation especially the way madden is looking this year. why cant ncaa follow that same direction. U mention games like mlb the show and nba 2k..they arent great at presentation because they have dramatic cut scenes or camera angles. They are great because they replicate an authentic tv style broadcast
Old 05-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Granted we will be able to fill that silence with custom music, but it still disrupts the flow of presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Do they replicate broadcasts because of replays or because of the commentary / entire package.

Having one angle that isn't currently available in real life isn't pulling me from the game, other factors are.

Also, real life broadcasts make excessive uses of dramatic angles, how many times have you seen LBJ's chalk clap? How often do they show the sideline reactions? It's the dramatic angles that do matter, EA doesn't supply them properly, they try but considering it's one of three coaching models with sidelines of the same generic white or black athlete, it doesn't sell. In NBA your players on the bench are the actual players on the bench, make a big play and you will see them jumping out of their seat, you don't see stuff like that in NCAA, if your looking for realistic presentation, look at the dry emotion rather than one unrealistic angle as the culprit.

That is the difference, I never once sat here and said 'Oh they can't film it like that in real life, this is unrealistic'

I have sat here and said 'that looks dumb' or 'how many times will they repeat that line'

The entire package is flawed, one slightly unrealistic angle on a replay doesn't kill immersion for me, if the whole package was substantially better, I'd like the angles BETTER than what we can get in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »