Home

V.I.P System to Fix Madden & NCAA CPU AI

This is a discussion on V.I.P System to Fix Madden & NCAA CPU AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
V.I.P System to Fix Madden & NCAA CPU AI

For those who are wondering, V.I.P stands for Virtual Identity Profile

In plain English, it was a virtual AI recorder. It recorded the way you played and assigned it to a profile. You could then assign that profile to a CPU controlled team and that team would play EXACTLY the way you played.

From what you did on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, 3rd & long, 3rd & short, goal line, red zone, etc. How often you passed, ran, to what side of the field you did these things as well.

For those of you who had played NFL 2K5, you know what I am talking about because that game had this V.I.P system.

However I want to go a step further with the system. Instead of recording the consumer playing the game, I think EA Developers who know all the X's and O's of every team for both Madden and NCAA should play as every team and let the V.I.P system record them. Then assign that profile for that specific team as the default AI for that team.

That way the teams in Madden and NCAA will have a more natural flow to them. As it stands now, the CPU controlled teams have a robotic flow to them. They don't use their superstars like they should. Hell they don't even run their offense period like they should.

And it is even worse in NCAA. You have teams in the game run the no huddle hurry offense all game long, when in reality that school in real life don't play like that at all. Or you will have a school in real life that throw a lot of screens, but in the game they throw none at all.

This V.I.P system would fix all of that. It would also fix the pass rush, kick off return and punt return for the CPU AI as well. Since the V.I.P system records your play style and your movements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: V.I.P System to Fix Madden & NCAA CPU AI

I love this idea. I would think they could find a way to just program the way teams played and they wouldn't have to play with all the teams. But I don't see this happening this year.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
VIP was a great concept. I did just that in 2k. EVERY GAME and EVERY TEAM played very differently. I made a boatload of VIP files. Great thought.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?glqfbo
Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

I think its already too late for this to be released in the game
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought this was a real thing, not just a proposal and I was so happy at first. It would greatly improve how the AI works, though it may be hard to implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Wouldn't be hard at all. Mike Scantlebury and Anthony White could play as every team a few times. Let the recorder record their play style of how the different teams and offenses play in real life. Then assign the AI profile to that specific school. That way when you play against the CPU, instead of it having a robotic feel, it would have more of a natural human feel.

As it stands now, the CPU does a very bad job of running the offenses the way the schools run them in real life. And they also do a very bad job of using the best player on their team in the offense.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

I would love if they would do something like this. Be great! So then the CPU would run the right kind of plays and actually get their stud players involved [ because we all know Impact players didn't do much with the CPU Lol...Atleast for me.]

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, I thought it was going to be in the game this year too. I like this system and I hope it gets implemented soon

Taylor Potts Gang or Die

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »