Home

Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13

This is a discussion on Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
Banned

wvufan97's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I'd say:
A+ Alabama, Oklahoma, and USC
A LSU, Georgia, Arkansas, Oregon, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Ohio State, Michigan
A- Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Stanford, Clemson, South Carolina, Texas, Miami, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Tennessee, West Virginia,
B+ Michigan State, Penn State, Texas A&M, Cal, Florida, Pittsburgh, Illinois, Auburn, TCU, Boise State, Miss State, Utah, Kansas State, Baylor, North Carolina, NC State, Washington.
B Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Northwestern, Iowa, UCLA, Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon State, Colorado, Maryland, Virginia, Iowa State, USF, Texas Tech
B- Purdue, Kentucky, Wake Forest, UCF, Kansas, Toledo, Navy, Air Force, Cincinnati, Louisville, Syracuse
C+ Indiana, Army.... etc.... just spitballin'
I agree with every team you said, except for Pittsburgh. I'm not saying this just because i'm a WVU fan, but Pitt should be no higher than B-
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
Hahaha, even as a major fan, they were rated too high last year. Even with their success the season before last, they were ranked too high. I guess Alabama #1, LSU #2, Arkansas #7. As long as Ohio State is low (i.e. outside the top 25) and FSU is in the high teens, 15-17, I'm perfectly fine.
FSU in the teens? They should and will be top 10. And OSU won't be unranked at the end of the year, just on this game. We will win 8-9 games next year.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
You say OSU a 6-7 losing season team coming off last year gets a A

While Florida a team who beat OSU gets a B?

I smell a homer big time. OSU and Florida both should be in the B's and no higher than 15 IMO...

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 05-13-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
You say OSU a 6-7 losing season team coming off last year gets a A

While Florida a team who beat OSU gets a B?

I smell a homer big time. OSU and Florida both should be in the B's and no higher than 15 IMO...
This. The talent level at Ohio State has become laughable lately. Look at their skill position players, they finished 3 from last in passing last year, only ahead of 2 service academies. Needless to say, Urban Meyer will get their talent level back up to par. They should be a C+ offense and B+ defense in this years game.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #13
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

B+ defense.... OK. They went 6-7 with a bad offense starting a freshman QB. Interm HC, and 5 star players lost. Theres no way the O is rated lower than a B, and the defense will be an A- at least.

Yea i missed on Florida, they should be an A- based on talent. I cant believe so many of you think Ohio State should suck because of one bad turmoil filled year. They got Urban Meyer! If he could dominate in the SEC and win 2 titles, then I'm sure the 10+ win seasons will continue.

I'd like to know how OSU's talent is laughable. Thats like saying Auburn's talent was laughable after Newton and Farley left, Or Texas talent is laughable because of a bad 6-7 season. It happens. Great programs have bad years. That doesn't mean they will fall apart. Usually inexperience plays a big part in it.

Notice at the end of my post, I said I was guessing on these. This is my guess as to what we will see come July. Not like these are my personnel opinions of the teams.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 05-14-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
B+ defense.... OK. They went 6-7 with a bad offense starting a freshman QB. Interm HC, and 5 star players lost. Theres no way the O is rated lower than a B, and the defense will be an A- at least.

Yea i missed on Florida, they should be an A- based on talent. I cant believe so many of you think Ohio State should suck because of one bad turmoil filled year. They got Urban Meyer! If he could dominate in the SEC and win 2 titles, then I'm sure the 10+ win seasons will continue.

I'd like to know how OSU's talent is laughable. Thats like saying Auburn's talent was laughable after Newton and Farley left, Or Texas talent is laughable because of a bad 6-7 season. It happens. Great programs have bad years. That doesn't mean they will fall apart. Usually inexperience plays a big part in it.

Notice at the end of my post, I said I was guessing on these. This is my guess as to what we will see come July. Not like these are my personnel opinions of the teams.
When you're 125th in the country in passing and don't have a stud RB AND you lost your 2 best linemen, I think C+ is fair. They won't actually give them that rating though, it'll probably be a B-. I said that they will reload now that Meyer is there, but the last few Tressel recruiting classes weren't good and the lack of skill players has been evident for a couple years now.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #15
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
I never said they were bad I'm just saying its funny how some think a 6-7 who lost a bit of players will by magic turn around a be a A rated team...

They will get there but if you have OSU rated that high then Florida should to because Florida was rated a bit higher in offense and defense by seasons end am also return alot of players plus they beat the Buckeyes

I'm not sure what OSU lost of defense but if they did lose a bit then maybe a B+ is right.

UF, Offense - B-, B
Defense- A-

OSU, Offense- B-, B
Defense- B+

IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #16
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

They lost Andrew Sweat on defense, thats basically it. They will have one of the best defenses in the B1G this season.

Florida is def very good, and has just as much if not more talent than OSU. In my first post those were my guesses at what EA will rate the teams. Loss in Gator bowl wasn't cause by the O, it was terrible special teams. They deserved to lose.

When have they ever rated the following a C+ in ANY category:
Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Texas, USC, Oklahoma... I could go on..... they just don't do it.

If you hate on Ohio State.. thats your right. But don't act like one crappy season makes them a C+ offense, your delusional. That "JV" offense managed to still win 6 games and only be beaten badly in 2 losses. For a team thats owned their conference for over a decade, a C+ sounds foolish.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 05-14-2012 at 02:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »