Home

The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances.

This is a discussion on The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances.

Forgive me if I don't get the name of the game right for all I play is Madden and NCAA but what if a racing game like Gran Turismo claimed to have new car models but in reality the Mustang they have in is the 2010 model and the GTI is actually from 2009. It would be completely unacceptable. But in reality that is how EA is handling all of the gear that players wear in NCAA.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #50
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd agree with most comments, I'd like to have more equipment options. It's not going to piss me off if they continue to add like one or two more new facemasks/helmets..I'd just like to know why they don't add more. It's not a concern or a demand I'm just intrigued, is it too much code? Is it something to do with the design?..idk..I don't know what I'm talking about.

When it comes to equipment it's like watching an episode of "how it's made"..I'm just curious on how adding equipment, deciding what and what doesn't make it, and the implementing it into the game. Again though, it's not a huge deal to me, just curious.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #51
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I think why so many of us are upset and complain, is because they had a lot of this stuff right last gen! Dreadlocks that looked real, mouthpieces, eyeblack... those are details that give the game a genuine feel. Those little things combined add up to a big difference in the way the game feels. It makes it feel more real. It's disappointing when they had these things on older games. The player models and equipment are dull, boring and make the game feel like all the players are the same with different numbers(tecmo bowl). Individuality draws you into the players and makes the progression more authentic.

I think the EA art team needs motivated. People say they are wasting assets on an area that doesn't need help like gameplay... How many millions do you have to make off of a game before you can add people to your staff???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #52
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

Being as picky as I can be, I will say this: all 6 of the visors on the game are based off the Oakley visor. Just google any player with their respective visor brand (Cam Newton with UA, RG3 with Nike at Baylor, and any player for Clemson) you'll notice that light is reflected differently off of each visor. Nike and UA visors reflect light in more of a horizontal pattern and Oakleys give off a rounded reflection. They just replaced the Oakley logo wtih a different logo in the game. You thought you could sneak by me EA, but I'm on to you *does evil villain laugh*.

But in all seriousness, I agree that NCAA is out dated as far as equipment goes. My main gripe was the Revo Speed facemasks sitting too low on the player's helmet, and that's been fixed, so I'll be able to hold off on new equipment at least for this year
Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish they'd include all the pertinent equipment just so we wouldn't have to people continually bitch and complain about it. Man, that would be nice.

85-man rosters would definitely be nice. Something I'm sure they'll get around to one of these years.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #54
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
The point is that it makes the game look much more realistic and makes the game SO much more authentic. I'd rather have NCAA 12 with realistic equipment than NCAA 13 with NCAA 12's equipment flaws.
Ugh, really? I've never noticed any of the equipment flaws because I don't care in real life. I care about the football on the field, just like in the game.

If the game is cral it doesn't matter how pretty it is. Equipment OS very important, I don't dispute that. Proper equipment immerse the players in the game. However, you're putting the cart ahead of the horse. This thread should have been entitled immersion enhancements to make NCAA complete or something to that effect. Outside of the 85 man roster there wasn't really anything non-visually related.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not having an 85 man roster is easily the most glaring issue. It's just flat out dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »