Home

Need defense help

This is a discussion on Need defense help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Need defense help

Currently in a dynasty with teambuilder teams. We are all 2 star "cupcake" teams. I was playing a user last night and he kept using 3 wide shotgun sets "tight" and something else. Anyways, he would hike the ball drop back 10 paces and constantly.. like every play... have the same WR or TE streaking wide open downfield. I hotrouted my CBs to play man on these particular receivers but to no avail they would not cover them downfield. He hotroutes his slot receiver to do an outside slant. I was running nickel and dime packages but his guy was ALWAYS open. I can't seem to get pressure and it makes me afraid to blitz because of how bad our teams are. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
Cover 4 "should" take away the deep pass to the TE. Backup coverage to help. You should manually cover the buzz zone to take away the out slant.

NCAA is broken when it comes to deep coverages down the field. You will have to play the safety and cover it yourself. If you play it right, you should come away with a few picks, you just have to guess what he's going to. Good luck

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Need defense help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas N Grits
Cover 4 "should" take away the deep pass to the TE. Backup coverage to help. You should manually cover the buzz zone to take away the out slant.

NCAA is broken when it comes to deep coverages down the field. You will have to play the safety and cover it yourself. If you play it right, you should come away with a few picks, you just have to guess what he's going to. Good luck

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Thank you, will definitely try this.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

3-3-5 okie is your friend.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

when you say out side slant? you mean torwards the sideline? i would start with a modified cover 3 zone.

i would hot route your backside de into contain, when they drop back that far the contain will usually beat his tackle to cause pressure, if he maintains his normal drop, then it will do nothing.

playside de to cover flats if he is throwing out there. playside outside linebacker can play buzz zone while you control the middle linebacker to take away the seam between the safety and corner.

this can leave a hole in the middle of the field where your mlb should be. if he catches on, then either take control of the olb and to play the seam or hotroute your DT into hookzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

If it's the same play over and over again, how are you not taking control of a player and beating him to that spot? Couple of picks and he'd be too flustered to do anything else.

Meantime, Man-Zone on the playtype menu is the best. Gives four rushers (who I usually drop one back into short zone and another for a QB spy), then five players in man coverage with two safeties over the top in zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »