Home

250 swap conference limit.

This is a discussion on 250 swap conference limit. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
250 swap conference limit.

Have they said anything about the 250 conference swap limit ? I would love to set up relegation this year but can't if they still have it.
Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 250 swap conference limit.

There's only like 8 moves a season using relegation. No way you would hit that limit.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Some of you guys who do the relegation, help me out. I'd like to do it, but the more I think about it, the more I am unable to find a good way to do it. I tried it last year, and I ran into some problems. If I do the 6 BCS conferences, then say the other 5 plus Independents as their lower division, then there is fairly minimal movement, and this swap limit is no big deal. The bottom 2 PAC schools I demoted to the WAC, the bottom 2 Big 12 to the Mountain West, the bottom 2 SEC to the Sun Belt, the bottom 2 ACC to CUSA, the bottom 2 Big 10 to the MAC and the Bottom 2 Big East to the Independents. After a couple years, no one in the big conferences could go undefeated. Nevada ended up winning the national championship from the WAC, and they played Houston, neither of which got promoted. So I can't really figure out what to do to prevent this. The point of the lower divisions is supposed to be that they can't really play for anything significant until they get promoted. But eventually the top conferences got so good, no one could get through without a loss, but teams like Nevada and Southern Miss and Houston, who somehow managed to not get promoted in the first 2 years, were suddenly dominant. They'd likely be squashed once I moved them up, but if some Sun Belt team is going to get in over 1 and 2 loss teams from the higher leagues, what's the point?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10

I couldve sworn there was a patch for 12 that got rid of this limit. Is this a question a GC can answer for 13?

Edit: Found it. Patch #2 states "Fixed an issue with Custom Conferences which removed the limit to the number of swaps that could be made". So im assuming that since it got fixed for 12, it should be there out of the box for 13. Then again....stranger things have happened.

Last edited by bellaballa; 05-28-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Some of you guys who do the relegation, help me out. I'd like to do it, but the more I think about it, the more I am unable to find a good way to do it. I tried it last year, and I ran into some problems. If I do the 6 BCS conferences, then say the other 5 plus Independents as their lower division, then there is fairly minimal movement, and this swap limit is no big deal. The bottom 2 PAC schools I demoted to the WAC, the bottom 2 Big 12 to the Mountain West, the bottom 2 SEC to the Sun Belt, the bottom 2 ACC to CUSA, the bottom 2 Big 10 to the MAC and the Bottom 2 Big East to the Independents. After a couple years, no one in the big conferences could go undefeated. Nevada ended up winning the national championship from the WAC, and they played Houston, neither of which got promoted. So I can't really figure out what to do to prevent this. The point of the lower divisions is supposed to be that they can't really play for anything significant until they get promoted. But eventually the top conferences got so good, no one could get through without a loss, but teams like Nevada and Southern Miss and Houston, who somehow managed to not get promoted in the first 2 years, were suddenly dominant. They'd likely be squashed once I moved them up, but if some Sun Belt team is going to get in over 1 and 2 loss teams from the higher leagues, what's the point?
I posted this in a thread last year for 12. Four sets with a top, mid, and bottom tier league, trying to keep it regional. Champions replace bottom team by conference record only. Top tier has 12 teams and a championship game, mid tier has 10 teams and bottom tier has eight teams.

thing is a bitch to set up, though. You may still get the odd mid-tier team win the NC, but whatever. Crazy things happen sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaballa
I couldve sworn there was a patch for 12 that got rid of this limit. Is this a question a GC can answer for 13?

Edit: Found it. Patch #2 states "Fixed an issue with Custom Conferences which removed the limit to the number of swaps that could be made". So im assuming that since it got fixed for 12, it should be there out of the box for 13. Then again....stranger things have happened.
That actually sounds like the issue was that the limitation was removed and the patch fixed it by putting it back in.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

You could be right, I havnt gone deep enough into a dynasty with the swapping to be able to speak from experience. I just remember being excited hearing that they thought of this as a problem and it was in some way shape or form, "fixed".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »