Home

The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #25
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
You mean like a selector where you could make your game slower or faster if you wanted to? Maybe a slider where you could make speed matter more or less depending on how you want it?

Yeah, that'd be cool.
Yep, exactly what I'm talking about.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
Rookie

chlnmtchll's Arena

OVR: 1

There should be a change in speed. If you play deep enough into a dynasty everyone is rated at an extream speed and accleration. EA should look into it. Like one year my roommate had a defensive end with a 95 speed and a 99 acceleration his senior year and that was was in '11 when there werent any edit rosters. I remember it because we both fought over they guy he was a 3 star 288 lb speed rusher he ruined my three peat btw
Old 05-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlnmtchll
There should be a change in speed. If you play deep enough into a dynasty everyone is rated at an extream speed and accleration. EA should look into it. Like one year my roommate had a defensive end with a 95 speed and a 99 acceleration his senior year and that was was in '11 when there werent any edit rosters. I remember it because we both fought over they guy he was a 3 star 288 lb speed rusher he ruined my three peat btw
LOL!

A 288 lb DE with 95 speed and 99 acceleration......that has to be something you'd see in the year 2025 right?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I think the speed edits are a necessity due to the size of the field. I think khalib brought this up in another thread but the field is too small IMO. A bigger field would open up a lot of the WR screen game and it would diminish the impact of roving safeties. Even though our OD doesn't switch when the ball is in the air it would still make a nice impact. Lastly, it would open up the YAC game in a realistic manner. No more long runs after the catch skewing the stats, but instead realistic 5-10 yard runs after a catch would aid in achieving realistic results in the passing game.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

If players didn't fall down after one hit so often, it would open up the YAC as well. Way too many solo tackles in the game. Now if it is a wrap tackle, I don't mind, but most the tackles in this game are 2 handed pushes or forearm shots, that in real life wouldn't cause a person to fall down.

There is also the invisible force field tackle in the game. Where as a defender can be 2 yards away and your player will go down as though he has been shot. Look at the replay and you can clearly see he hasn't even been touched yet.

Then don't get me started when a player will be running with nobody in front of him and he suddenly stops running allowing the defenders to catch up to him and get tackled from behind. It doesn't happen as often in NCAA 12 like it did in NCAA 11, but it still happens.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

This game can definitely be edited to play a great game of football but unfortunately for us that **** takes decades to accomplish lol. If we had that global editor, we'd be in business.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 19

A Global Editor.

So easy to make available, but the business side say's that's too much customization for the gamer!!!

Another killer is that with Speed/Acceleration Ratings comes the "Speed-Balanced-Power Back", "Speed-Balanced-Possesion WR", "Srambling-Balanced-Pocket" etc..... tags.

Lower the Speed/Acceleration/Agility Ratings outside EA's established thresholds, and you get a player not being crowned with their proper designation (aka reversed designations) and "Supposedly" not reacting according to those designations.

I've tossed a Global Editor in the same folder with multiple Broadcast Camera angles with this developer.
***being withheld, to later be sold as "All New", at a later time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »