Home

NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm all for authenticity but I think this is a bit of an over-exaggerated issue. Its not that I'm against them putting it in but I can see them not putting it in.

A) There is not a need for them as there is in real college football. No need means no necessity.

B) Online exploiters. This reason is the most flimsy.

C) The final reason is that the existence of double numbers in a game that does not require them would open up more implications that the game is based on real players.

Honestly, this does not bug me because I have fully excepted that the players are fake. I do use named rosters but I have accepted that these are not real players. The more people get used to the fact 100% roster authenticity the less disappointed people will be.

Non of those reasons hold water. Lack of double numbers does not disguise QB #15 on Florida any better if their cornerback is not allowed to wear the duplicate number.

Its not about an over-exaggerated issue as this is actually the first time I've ever commented on this topic. Just put it in the game. It is not difficult to unlock numbers. Seriously. IDC if a player wants 70 #1s, who cares? The community has asked for this one simple thing for years. Give it to them already.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

simple fix EA ignores. make an Offensive number, and a Defensive number, that's how its done in the NCAA. The only problem would be special teams having duplicate numbers on kick coverage teams.

USC for example has a bunch of jersey numbers retired. many of them lower numbers (most popular duplicates), so many of USC's players share numbers. Barkley-7-McDonald.... I could go on. Plain and simple, "if it's in the game.... it's in the game"?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope its changed. VT is using duplicates for the first time this year ever under Beamer. and it was by request (Freshmen J.C. Coleman and Ken Ekanem will both wear #4).

It should be simple enough to correct.

NCAA rules say it ok for duplicates providing the two players wearing the same number never appear on the field together during play.
All EA would have to do is black out the other player so that he cant be subbed in while the other player with the same number is on the field. And for online play, just make it so one player cant be subbed in for another player wearing the same number.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #20
Rookie

chlnmtchll's Arena

OVR: 1

I cant remember exactly but some players on USC roster last year in the game wore the same numbers but after they left you couldnt duplicate it
Old 05-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #21
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
They said it was something along the lines of people taking advantage of it on online play by putting in CB #2 in at QB for QB #2. I for one hope they do find someway of letting us have duplicate numbers though. It is frustrating playing with a team and having the wrong numbers on their jerseys because someone else on the team already has it.
This might be a dumb question, but what is the advantage of having a CB play QB, other than the speed factor of course?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboutte
This might be a dumb question, but what is the advantage of having a CB play QB, other than the speed factor of course?
You just answered your own question.

If it was 4th quarter and i was up by a field goal with a short amount of time left and I dont notice that the other person made a QB switch with a blazing fast CB...He could take off and score a touchdown.

However I would sacrifice that any day for there to be duplicate numbers.....and a larger roster

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 05-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
You just answered your own question.

If it was 4th quarter and i was up by a field goal with a short amount of time left and I dont notice that the other person made a QB switch with a blazing fast CB...He could take off and score a touchdown.

However I would sacrifice that any day for there to be duplicate numbers.....and a larger roster
If soeone will cheese and put in a corner at qb, what does the number have to do with anything?

You dont need to sacrifice anything. EA just refuses to do it (for reasons unkown) and pretends it is for some noble anti-cheater reason. Not buying it for a second.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm all for authenticity but I think this is a bit of an over-exaggerated issue. Its not that I'm against them putting it in but I can see them not putting it in.

A) There is not a need for them as there is in real college football. No need means no necessity.

B) Online exploiters. This reason is the most flimsy.

C) The final reason is that the existence of double numbers in a game that does not require them would open up more implications that the game is based on real players.

Honestly, this does not bug me because I have fully excepted that the players are fake. I do use named rosters but I have accepted that these are not real players. The more people get used to the fact 100% roster authenticity the less disappointed people will be.
All I was saying folks.

Didn't realize this was such a hot-button topic. I don't import rosters so maybe that's one reason this matters less than 0% for me. IMO all of Kaiser's opinions above hold water. But then again, that's just me. And we're all allowed our opinion, no one's 'wrong'.
Proponents want that realism. I'd rather have the resources spent on game play. But in the long run, shouldn't EA be able to accommodate both of our opinions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »