Home

CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium

This is a discussion on CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Kaiser summed it up perfectly.

We have been over the free speech thing 10 million times on OS. This is a private forum. The forum has rules. Those rules include not being able to bash the devs in an un-constructive way. My dad once told me that you can say anything you want as long as you say it right. The way you come at EA calling them lazy and what not just makes you look immature.

If you can't figure out how to criticize EA or any other company, in a constructive way then maybe this site isn't for you.

Just to add. I should have already given you an official warning. I gave you leeway because I thought you were new. Thought it said you joined in Mar 12. So let me know if you understand where I am coming from so we can move on from this.
I apologize for not adding any constructive criticism, of that I am definitely guilty. But please show me where I "bashed" the devs!?!? All I did was call EA Sports, as a company, lazy and cheap. Which I obviously believe is a fair criticism. Other companies (Sony) would put the new Stadium in sooner, even if it took extra work and resources. For three years of NCAA Football we have had incorrect endzones at Husky stadium, that alone makes my criticism valid.

To be honest, it seems like more and more of the people who review or rate games these days (this is not aimed at OS), are sugar coating their reviews in essence kissing up to the companies creating the games, in an attempt to eventually obtain a job with those same companies.

Sorry for rehashing this, I will be much better at adding constructive criticism to my comments. Unfortunately, sometimes when companies have gotten complacent, the only way to create change is to give honest critiques of their products, even if it might step on their toes or hurt their egos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #42
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
I apologize for not adding any constructive criticism, of that I am definitely guilty. But please show me where I "bashed" the devs!?!? All I did was call EA Sports, as a company, lazy and cheap. Which I obviously believe is a fair criticism. Other companies (Sony) would put the new Stadium in sooner, even if it took extra work and resources. For three years of NCAA Football we have had incorrect endzones at Husky stadium, that alone makes my criticism valid.

To be honest, it seems like more and more of the people who review or rate games these days (this is not aimed at OS), are sugar coating their reviews in essence kissing up to the companies creating the games, in an attempt to eventually obtain a job with those same companies.

Sorry for rehashing this, I will be much better at adding constructive criticism to my comments. Unfortunately, sometimes when companies have gotten complacent, the only way to create change is to give honest critiques of their products, even if it might step on their toes or hurt their egos.
Calling EA lazy and cheap is indirectly bashing the developers. And even if you are just speaking about the company itself - we still don't allow that. That goes for any gaming company.

There are many other way you can express those feelings other than resorting to name calling. Whether its true or not.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
*Very good points edited out for brevity*
The difference between you and the other guy and the ECU guy from last year, you're being constructive and reasonable.

I'd love for the game to spot on in EVERY tiny detail, but we are dealing with mere humans here. So of course there'll be things missed. It's unfortunate that somethings go for a long time without being fixed, but that's life.

I'd love it to fixed this year, but if it's next year before it can be, then so be it.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0

Lear Pilot, I feel your pain bro, and your not even mentioning U Dub's home jerseys being correct for 2 years now. Arizona's uniforms & white helmets have also been incorrect for 2 years running now, & our new video board was not included in the game last year. We are also expanding on our stadium, enclosing and adding new facilities to the North end zone. I'm not counting on either the video board to be in NCAA 13, or the stadium upgrades to be in NCAA 14. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #45
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down520
Lear Pilot, I feel your pain bro, and your not even mentioning U Dub's home jerseys being correct for 2 years now. Arizona's uniforms & white helmets have also been incorrect for 2 years running now, & our new video board was not included in the game last year. We are also expanding on our stadium, enclosing and adding new facilities to the North end zone. I'm not counting on either the video board to be in NCAA 13, or the stadium upgrades to be in NCAA 14. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks. It's funny how people don't get it, most of whom are fans of teams that get PLENTY of attention from EA Sports. I get reprimanded for calling EA cheap or lazy, yet I'll bet my paycheck that the Husky Stadium endzones are being left as is, and that EA's reasoning would be "why waste the time and resources when we are going to have to redo the entire stadium in a year or two". By my standards, that is the definition of cheap and lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #46
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
The difference between you and the other guy and the ECU guy from last year, you're being constructive and reasonable.
I understand I wasn't constructive, but is it unreasonable to ask that EA change the endzones in a timely manner? What is a reasonable time frame? One year? Three? Five? Ten? When does it become reasonable to be unhappy with their product?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #47
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

Back to my original statement and ignoring the 1st amendment thing going on in this thread, why is this such a problem that can't be addressed? I'm a UW fan so obviously I'm a bit biased, but they've done such a terrible job with UW the past few years from having the field incorrect to uniforms being outdated.

EA already has CenturyLink Field, so that should be a problem to add it into this years game (10 bucks say's the Seahawks colors will still be on the field) and than adding Husky Stadium in 2014? They already have to create New Husky Stadium, do it one year early and get a jump start?

I guess I don't see any logic it not going the extra mile for your fans, even fans from a largely ignored school in this game.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #48
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
I understand I wasn't constructive, but is it unreasonable to ask that EA change the endzones in a timely manner? What is a reasonable time frame? One year? Three? Five? Ten? When does it become reasonable to be unhappy with their product?
It reminded me of Ty Willingham era every time I saw those 2007 end zones in the game. I mean, 5 years and they still couldn't update the end zones? It would take like 45 mins of coding, just adding purple or gold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »