Home

Play action pass is a band-aid

This is a discussion on Play action pass is a band-aid within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Play action pass is a band-aid

Im glad they looked at and did something to the Play Action Pass, but honestly is aborting the PA all that realistic?

shouldnt the Playaction just work as it should? Meaning not an automatic sack, but sucking the secondary and the linebackers in (esp if you lul them to sleep with run after run)

I mean unless the PA is off a zone read or something, most of the time the QB has his back turned to the defense

Idk, am I the only one who feels this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Play action pass is a band-aid

It kinda is realistic though in real life play action is occasionally aborted. But I understand what your saying about how it should work properly, However in 11 I have seen it work well.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

They're not saying play-action won't work, and that this is a gimmick to "fix" it. What they're saying is, yes, play-action should work when used properly. However, if the defense guesses right, and sniffs out the play-action, they still want you to have a snow-balls chance in hell to make a play or at least not lose yardage.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
They're not saying play-action won't work, and that this is a gimmick to "fix" it. What they're saying is, yes, play-action should work when used properly. However, if the defense guesses right, and sniffs out the play-action, they still want you to have a snow-balls chance in hell to make a play or at least not lose yardage.
Right. As it is right now, even if you run the play action perfectly, it's often a massive sack, even before you're able to throw the ball. They want to give the PA pass the ability to be an effective weapon.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Depending on the aggressiveness setting of the CPU or human will depend if you can actually run a play-action pass. I forget which setting it is but if they have it on follow HB and leave QB it will work sometimes.

I honestly hope they get rid of the conservative / aggressive settings altogether.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh, they said they fixed PA I believe. The animation is also faster.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Most of my big plays in the passing game in NCAA 12 are a result of utilizing play action. You just have to pay attention to the defense and read them correctly to see if they are bringing more heat than you can block. If they are, you have three choices, 1) audible to a different play, 2) shift your line to protect where the blitz is coming from, or 3) do nothing and get sacked.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Most of my big plays in the passing game in NCAA 12 are a result of utilizing play action. You just have to pay attention to the defense and read them correctly to see if they are bringing more heat than you can block. If they are, you have three choices, 1) audible to a different play, 2) shift your line to protect where the blitz is coming from, or 3) do nothing and get sacked.
there's another option: Hot-route the HB (or whoever the PA goes through).
I use this when CPU/USER blitzes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »