Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

It surprises me that everyone doesn't automatically mute the menu music in all sports games from day one. Even if it were all my favorite groups/artists, I would still mute it instantaneously, Getting my Dynasty on is SERIOUS and SOBERING business, no time for tunes.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
My guess is that the top schools will still primarily go after mostly 4 and 5 star prospects at first. With a few exceptions of course, I'm guessing that all the 5 stars who end up being busts, are still going to be 70+ OVR players.

I'm thinking that most of the big time gems in up on the teams who are in the mid tier of NCAA, the schools ranked 30 to 60.

As has been mentioned above, if we see 4 or 5 Southern powers, going after a 3 star player from the North West, then that'll be evidence of CPU omniscience, but I don't expect them to make that mistake.

My play style lets me get by without great talent on offense, so I'll be spending most of my scouting time looking for Urlacher types on defense.
I read that the ratings can swing up to 20+(I think 22) points.

I know what schools I will play as, I dont know which one I will which side of the ball I want to play as first. I wish the DLine play was better. I would love to get a 2-3 DE that becomes a gem. But, I might not even scout DEs if they cant get pressure.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

I like last gen recruiting better. Jeez I feel like everything I post bashes current gen NCAA. But really I just like NCAA 06 better in every.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

This video kinda made my day. I've been hoping see something like this since they started Quick Clip Thursday.

Honestly, I've given up on recruiting in my dynasties in '12, but this gives me hope. During year 4 of my latest dynasty I turned it over to the computer due to frustration. It's now year 21 and I haven't regretted that decision. If you set up recruiting and let the computer know what you want, the computer more often then not delivers. Plus, this saves me the frustration of seeing a coveted 4 star, 4.52 forty QB have me as his number 1 school all year, but the week after I have him visit he decides to soft commit to his second place school. Completely disregarding he just had an A+ visit to my school. But if that's not bad enough, then the following week he commits to his second place school despite the fact they did not offer, he did not visit and they were 250+ points behind me. I see this far too often for recruiting to be enjoyable anymore. Sigh.

But heres hope that has been toned down and with the latest improvements EA has added, recruiting will once again be something I do.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I read that the ratings can swing up to 20+(I think 22) points.

I know what schools I will play as, I dont know which one I will which side of the ball I want to play as first. I wish the DLine play was better. I would love to get a 2-3 DE that becomes a gem. But, I might not even scout DEs if they cant get pressure.
We all know that the interaction and animations don't allow the DE's to succeed in a way that is visually compatible with what we see in real life, but in my games the better rated DE's are able to make more plays than lower rated players, so it's totally worth it to look for those gems at DE and the other positions on D.

Yeah, I read about the potential for that big time ratings swing too, but my guess is that only a few players each year will have those kinds of swings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Last edited by jfsolo; 05-31-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
We all know that the interaction and animations don't allow the DE's to succeed in a way that is visually compatible with what we see in real life, but in my games the better rated DE's are able to make more plays than lower rated players, so it's totally worth it to look for those gems at DE and the other positions on D.
I like to blitz like crazy. I like moving around LBs and DE around. So, I might still go for DEs in recruiting, but I might move them around alot to get pressure.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 17

lol a 6'0 220lb RB that runs a 4.26
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
lol a 6'0 220lb RB that runs a 4.26
Those are basically Bo Jackson numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »