Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #57
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
lol a 6'0 220lb RB that runs a 4.26
Adrian Peterson like back.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - First Look at Scouting, When You Start Your Dynasty

Cleaner, but much like last year, I spent little time with this aspect due to ratings outside of Speed/Acc having little impact on gameplay!!!

Not much difference in AI, gameplay wise, from a 1 Star player or 5 Star Blue Chip player!
Until the AI displays an actual in-game difference between player's, Recruiting aspect will have little meaning and gamer's will skip and just edit the player's once on their team.

That's not bashing/complaining, it's just what it is until something is actually done to make it meaniful and/or making it worth the time to spend recruiting because because it actually impacts AI Gameplay due to the type of player(s) on the team!

What's up with the 95'ish SPD/ACC again?
What does STR mean in the game if a SS is rated in the 60's?
-->what's the in-game/gameplay impact of this rating?

I wish we had access to recruit editing before a player is placed on a team's roster to make edits.

Pre-Editing like in all other sports games that are not football.

I still don't know who this suggestion would be routed through, as most gamers don't agree with how EA has coded in-game generated recruit ratings and it's just time the game at least meet some of the "Basic" sports game feature standards currently in the genre.

Side note:
Madden's DPP feature would help this aspect of the game greatly, esp if player's had a Consistency and Confidence Rating that paralleled their Star Rating.

-->Teams like San Jose St with mostly 1-2 Star player's would still have a chance at an upset, but Consistency of type player's (1-2 Star) would prevent the AI Team from performing like it's Alabama.
(which is somewhat how the game is now, unless '13 is different)

-->While teams like Alabama would perform at a consistant level from game to game due to having such player's on the roster with high ratings in these area's.

-->It could even be a Letter Grade for each of these two Ratings.
5 Stars matched to 5 Letter Grades.

Just a thought to make Recruiting mean something gameplay wise.
Maybe just another idea to make things worste, but we need something!

Last edited by khaliib; 05-31-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #59
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

I am so stoked for NCAA this year. Hoping to join a quality Online Dynasty where the recruiting should really shine.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #60
Rookie

xcanadaman9x's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
He is a 5* #1 HB. Maybe this guy is the white Adrian Peterson and we should be getting him in Heisman mode instead of Matt Leinart.
NFL:Houston Texans
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
NHL:Buffalo Sabres
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #61
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

So someone jog my memory as to how this works... it appears you get 20 hours to scout for the entirety of the regular season, and someone in this thread said three hours per week in the offseason.

Can ratings change more than once even after they have been initially revealed? That is, can a scout's first pass on a player's exact speed rating be wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0
love it. excited and can't wait. anyone wanting to do a dynasty send me a friend request on Os. my gamer tag is Nick Buckeyes7 as well. NCAA going to be sweet. Dynasty,Heisman challenge,RTG,and ranked games.this looks good though. EA for NCaa does a great job. for my taste.Of Ncaa football.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #63
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
And he's white.

Which reminds me, I don't think I ever saw a white running back in NCAA 12 or 11. And in NCAA 12, there were rarely 5* defensive ends, even though a defensive end is almost always the #1 recruit each year.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
So someone jog my memory as to how this works... it appears you get 20 hours to scout for the preseason and someone in this thread said three hours per week in the offseason.

Can ratings change more than once even after they have been initially revealed? That is, can a scout's first pass on a player's exact speed rating be wrong?
Fixed it for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »