Home

NCAA 12 RECRUITING HOW MANY

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 RECRUITING HOW MANY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA 12 RECRUITING HOW MANY

hi
sorry if this has been covered

recently got a ps3 and ncaa 12 (in uk)

any tips for recruiting???
how many players per year???
started as ND
how many 5 stars 4 stars etc players should i go for

thanks guys

mcmanus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 12 RECRUITING HOW MANY

Congratulations on your new system, and your new copy of NCAA.

Since you are a powerhouse (Notre Dame) you should have no problem snagging some recruits, and this is a good thing since you are just now getting into recruiting.

This is how I add players to my board.

First, go to "Find Prospects".
Second, scroll down to "Interest Level".
Third, Go to "Top School" under "Interest Level".
Fourth, you want to hit search.

Now in your situation, being Notre Dame helps. You will have plenty of 3 star recruits along with 4 star recruits, and maybe even a 5 star recruit or two.

Fifth, target ALL 5 star recruits and 4 star recruits who have you as the top school.
Sixth, add some 3 stars who show interest as top school, this number should depend on how many 5 stars and 4 stars you have targeted.

Being Notre Dame, I would only add 3 stars that are ranked within the top 1000 players. The player rank is on the very left side of your screen.

Now you should have approximately 12-18 players targeted.

Seventh, go back to "Interest Level" and go to "Top 3 schools"
Eighth, target some players from this area, being Notre Dame, you probably won't need to target any 3 stars from this area.

After being done with this, you should have plenty of players targeted. If you need to go any farther, proceed to "Top 5 Schools".

I try to keep my recruiting board to a limit of 20-25 players. I usually do around 20 so that I can spend 30 minutes a week on each player because that will use all 10 hours you have to spend on your recruits.

Always remember to offer a scholarship week one. Players listed as "Top School" may even commit! If you get any commits week one, you can add a couple recruits to your board to end up with 20 still on your board.

This is my recruiting strategy. I really hope I helped. I will check back on the thread later to see if you have asked any questions.

Good luck with the Irish, and don't forget that NCAA 13 will be out in a little over a month!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU

Since you are a powerhouse (Notre Dame) you should have no problem snagging some recruits, and this is a good thing since you are just now getting into recruiting.

Now in your situation, being Notre Dame helps. You will have plenty of 3 star recruits along with 4 star recruits, and maybe even a 5 star recruit or two.

Fifth, target ALL 5 star recruits and 4 star recruits who have you as the top school.
Sixth, add some 3 stars who show interest as top school, this number should depend on how many 5 stars and 4 stars you have targeted.

Being Notre Dame, I would only add 3 stars that are ranked within the top 1000 players. The player rank is on the very left side of your screen.

Eighth, target some players from this area, being Notre Dame, you probably won't need to target any 3 stars from this area.

After being done with this, you should have plenty of players targeted. If you need to go any farther, proceed to "Top 5 Schools".

I try to keep my recruiting board to a limit of 20-25 players. I usually do around 20 so that I can spend 30 minutes a week on each player because that will use all 10 hours you have to spend on your recruits.

Always remember to offer a scholarship week one. Players listed as "Top School" may even commit! If you get any commits week one, you can add a couple recruits to your board to end up with 20 still on your board.

This is my recruiting strategy. I really hope I helped. I will check back on the thread later to see if you have asked any questions.

Good luck with the Irish, and don't forget that NCAA 13 will be out in a little over a month!
I do 10-15 players that way I can lock up some of those guys early and just replace them with a 4 or 3 star player that the computer hasn't recruited yet.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU

this is awesome

cheers

can't wait to give it a go
Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

This might help

http://www.operationsports.com/ncaa/...-do-i-recruit/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

It kind of depends on the size and reputation of the program you are starting with. If you start out with a small school, you will only have success targeting the players that fit best into your offensive scheme. So if you're a shotgun, pass 80% offense, you won't have a chance at that 5star speedback or bruising fullback. But you'll have a great shot at some 4 star wide recievers. Also, you need to recruit close to home and your pipeline states. Exploit these advantages, and you'll field a successful team.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I do 10-15 players that way I can lock up some of those guys early and just replace them with a 4 or 3 star player that the computer hasn't recruited yet.

Yep. In addition, the computer neglects a few 5 stars as well. Get them on your board, & sometimes you'll be in the top 10. Work hard to get them really interested. You'll nab a few guys you normally wouldn't.

That's how I got my first 3 or 4 Five star guys with Troy to begin my dynasty.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

what positions should i put athletes in??

or

how do i know what position will suit which athlete best???

cheers guys

thanks for the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »